GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Google maps and Waze officially coming to carplay

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Just came here to post this, haha. I've never had issues with Apple Maps on Carplay but prefer using Google Maps on my phone. Either way it's great to have options.

Now if only it were wireless...

Wander

Sounds good to me, it's not just maps either, more 3rd party apps being "allowed" on Carplay in the future!

I got the DDocks dock too, which makes it all v simple. Shame VW couldn't think of something themselves, it might then fit!

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't get your hopes up folks, it may be a while. iMessage in iCloud was announced as an iOS 11 feature, but that wasn't officially rolled out until just a few weeks ago. Basically we can expect to see this implemented at some point in the year before iOS 13, which could be as late as Sept. 2019.

TimGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
I put the latest public beta of 12 on my iPhone last night -- still no Waze...

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Waze said they are working to have this ready for iOS 12 release in Sept. I wouldn’t expect it to work with any of the betas beforehand.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Apple behind the times yet again, I see!

Hate away but... $300B in cash on hand and 38% profit margin per phone.

They are a well run company. Sure, stable and boring, but well run.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The Apple of today is nothing compared to Jobs' day. Where's the Innovation?!

Smartphones are a mature tech now, not sure that you’re going to see much innovation beyond shrinking them and making them faster/lighter/longer battery life.

Apple has definelty turned into a market leader/stalwart with an eye on running a healthy and efficient business instead of an idea company. They seem to have also won the corporate market, a few years ago we could pick between Android and iOS devices and now it’s just Apple.

Having one iOS is nice compared to a fragmented landscape of different OS systems (KitKatt, Lollipop, Marshamallow etc).

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Google Maps has been updated for CarPlay if you have iOS 12!

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Waze beta program has carplay as well.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
Waze now has an update today for Apple CarPlay. Used Waze in my Mk 7.5 on the way home from work and it seems to work flawlessly so far! Very happy!