GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Key FOB Programming with PTS

Craig A

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a 3rd FOB as I was using my spare in a remote start. I had the dealer program it and all then my 2nd FOB stopped working (and the remote start as well). I'm going tomorrow morning to get this fixed, but is this the norm? Do you have to program all FOBs at the same time or something?

Tomstaff

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum - got a TSI DSG 13reg. So the gearbox went and I had to get a new one @37k miles -not happy even though 'only' had to pay £700 labour). Got the car home and the spare key, the one they didn't have in the workshop, no longer works.
I changed the key battery. I followed the 'sync the key' instructions in the manual ( press unlock and use the key to open the door manually). I did this again and tried it in the ignition.
I've tried harsh language, soft music and even the interest ... Nothing.
So do any of you geniusses have any ideas, other than giving a day's wages to Inchcape?
Thanks!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum - got a TSI DSG 13reg. So the gearbox went and I had to get a new one @37k miles -not happy even though 'only' had to pay £700 labour). Got the car home and the spare key, the one they didn't have in the workshop, no longer works.
I changed the key battery. I followed the 'sync the key' instructions in the manual ( press unlock and use the key to open the door manually). I did this again and tried it in the ignition.
I've tried harsh language, soft music and even the interest ... Nothing.
So do any of you geniusses have any ideas, other than giving a day's wages to Inchcape?
Thanks!

Ask the dealer whether they've re-coded your key to the immo, and if so, tell them they should have done both keys at the same time therefore they should pay for a follow-up appointment.

Tomstaff

Ask the dealer whether they've re-coded your key to the immo, and if so, tell them they should have done both keys at the same time therefore they should pay for a follow-up appointment.
Thanks IWMTom. I'll do that.
My developing theory at the moment is that they had to reprogramme the DSG gearbox and, in doing so, interfered with the immob etc. The key they had at the workshop automatically synced -they may not have needed to do anything if it was in range, but the one they didn't have was left out in the cold.
That may be rubbish of course - I know less than nothing about mechanics -is why I bought a VW.