GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Spent the Monday at Mosport trying to dial in the suspension.

Very very happy with how thy performed. I’ve never been able to push the car so easily and put power down like that.

Here’s a quick YouTube vid I made of the day. Onboard footage is about half way through.

https://youtu.be/IbL1DOWy8GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Is that video with the straight pipe? Man, your whip is nice, and loud. :)

Yeah that’s with the straight pipe. Thanks!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Started to piece together the Mishimoto oil
Cooler. Picked up this great adapter plate from IAbeed. Gotta get those oil temps and coolant temps down!

First CSCS race is this Sunday! Had tech inspections yesterday and got the new windshield banner. Waiting on the new doorcards and Pirelli stickers that are mandatory to run.

Also decided to work on the splitter some more. I want it lower to the ground. More effective that way. So I dropped it down a good 2.5 inches and will be making an air damn.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Round one in the books. Frustrating day to say the least.

I went into this race feeling confident and wanting to improve my PB in competition. First session out I manage to match my PB with unknown tire pressures and a cold track but I had a car spin out in front of me throwing a huge cone into my oath going about 130kph, no choice but to smoke the cone. It damaged my end plate and splitter that I just repaired.... wasn’t too bad and I was able to fix it but it caused me to miss the next heat. 3rd heat qualifier got canceled cause a car crashed, 4th heat went well and I was on pace to set my new PB, showed a low 1:37 but I caught up to a slower car which ruined that chance of setting a fast time.

Went into the finals sitting in 3rd place. Not bad knowing I can improve....until it starting pouring rain. Great...never been on this track in the rain, or since I made all these changes to the car, or with these tires. So I had no idea how the car would react. 2 laps into the final heat...EPC light comes on and I’m in full limp mode. I decided to leave TC on and I think that’s what caused it to freak out and throw the car into limp mode. Either way it ruined the day. Ended up 5th.

Lots to learn from. Still had a great time racing.

Off the Gridlife Midwest this Wednesday!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Late update here. Been busy since I got back from Gridlife.

What a weekend! Met so many awesome people and just had a blast. Very well organized event aside from the bracket battles but that’s a growing pain which hopefully is addressed in the near future.

We managed to take home 3rd in Street Mod FWD but to be completely honest I’m disappointed with that result. The car had so much more in it but with bad weather and struggling with misfires and such my track time was limited. Bad coil
Packs almost ruined the weekend. I only managed to get in 3 hot laps all weekend in the dry. Every session dropping over a half second as I got up to pace with the track I have never been on. Only a half second off of first place in Street Mod FWD.

Highlight of the event was definitely asking Tanner Foust if he would like to do a photoshoot on track with us in his LS swapped RWD Passat. He was all about it and it made for some amazing photos!

I’ll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Wicked build. Keep the updates coming!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Noticing the Fast FC04s on the front in some of those pics...

Back up set for my option labs. Driving 8 hours with one set of tires is just a bad idea haha

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Been a busy week off getting the car ready for CSCS Round 2 here in Toronto.

Heat is our biggest enemy my right now and needed to be addressed. The oil cooler install is underway and making good progress. This should really solve a lot of issues we’re having.

I also ordered this plate for the DSG. It eliminates the oem Heatsink that uses coolant to help cool the DSG which in turn adds more stress to the cooling system. Needs to go. I’ll run a similar core but with no thermostat.

New coil packs, oil change, coolant flush (running water) , spark plug check, vacuum leak check ( tore an oil return line and it’s been replaced since it chase a misfire due to a vacuum leak) boost leak check. Car should be running like a champ come Saturday!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Got up at 5:30am and finally just got home. Absolutely exhausted but well worth it. Managed to take the first win of the season today at CSCS Round 2!

It rained all day...luckily I have had a fair share of seat time in the rain over the last month and was able to drive with confidence. I made sure to take part in every qualifying session today to get a feel for it in the finals and it worked. Managed to win by almost 4 seconds!

All that work that went into the car this week really showed. It ran flawless. Oil temps down drastically and I could just push harder and harder.

Now it’s time for a little break. Taking a couple weeks off from stressing over this racing stuff. June was intense.

I’ll be at Mosport GP on the 16th of July for some practice.

Look at the blue SF times. That’s my class.

And people say my wing doesn’t serve a purpose...