GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Mk7.5 large screen head unit into Mk7?

jitaroo

For anyone who has installed these, do these units send information like song name to the car? More specifically, are you able to see what song is playing in the screen in the dashboard? Thanks!

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Another option is to get the OEM 8" screen and OEM bezel from Eurozone Tuning for $800 (less for the Nav version). It doesn't add any features over stock, it's just a larger screen. It takes 30 minutes and does not require component protection removal by the dealer.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Has anyone installed the 2018 9.5/10" touchscreen into a standard MIB 2 2017? Just looking for the larger display in my daily.

ofektal8

Passed Driver's Ed
When upgrading the display from 6.5" to 8". Will i need to Get CP Removed too? Or is it just for the unit in the glove box.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
When upgrading the display from 6.5" to 8". Will i need to Get CP Removed too? Or is it just for the unit in the glove box.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The screen doesn't have component protection, but the head unit in the glovebox does.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
The screen doesn't have component protection, but the head unit in the glovebox does.

I Spoke to a Local Shop that can remove CP, and he told me that when removing CP from the NEW headunit, bluetooth and other stuff that did work on my Factory Headunit, might not work anymore, and he would need to do the procedure again, is this true?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I Spoke to a Local Shop that can remove CP, and he told me that when removing CP from the NEW headunit, bluetooth and other stuff that did work on my Factory Headunit, might not work anymore, and he would need to do the procedure again, is this true?

Any FeCs that you had on your old system can be transferred over through ODIS.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Any FeCs that you had on your old system can be transferred over through ODIS.

I Know that, but he said when doing it, There is a chance that some stuff wont work anymore, like bluetooth etc... I Cant see a reason why not, thats why I'm asking.