GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth contacts issue--solved

adam1991

Banned
I just changed phones, from the Blackberry KeyOne to the Samsung Galaxy S9+. On the phone I have two Google accounts, home and work, each with its own set of contacts.

With regard to the car getting contacts, my 2017 Autobahn did a great job with the Blackberry. It just worked. All contacts from each account imported without hassle, invisibly to me.

The Samsung, not so much. I noticed that only my main home account's contacts made it to the car.

I had had contacts problems with my previous car, a 2013 ILX, and solved those by using Bluetooth Phonebook from the Google Play store. It overrode the phone's native bluetooth contact transfer process.

And so it is with the Samsung. No longer is the Samsung bluetooth module responsible for that; it doesn't even show up as an allowable feature. Bluetooth Phonebook just takes over in the background when I connect the phone to the car.

I'm astounded that the whole Bluetooth business is still a wild west. I thought by now it would be squared away. I don't know or care where the problem lies here, but it's obvious every combination of car and phone has its own issues.

Anyway, Bluetooth Phonebook has now twice proved its worth to me.