GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser: APR Golf R / S3 Catback

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Depends how they do their system.

On our system we end the APR downpipe and the APR catback early. This is because they are larger than stock, and require a reducer to mate up to the other stock components. When you use both systems together, we just have a pipe inbetween.

If awe does the same, they'll mate right up without any modification. If they don't, you'll just need to trim the link pipe.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Will this mate up to an AWE catted downpipe without any custom work?

Yes it will, you can either use the supplied APR link pipe (*must trim) but you'll need an additional band clamp which I didn't have. Or you can use the supplied AWE link pipe (*must trim) that came with the AWE downpipe with the original AWE clamp which is what I did.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Yes it will, you can either use the supplied APR link pipe (*must trim) but you'll need an additional band clamp which I didn't have. Or you can use the supplied AWE link pipe (*must trim) that came with the AWE downpipe with the original AWE clamp which is what I did.

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Imminence

Thanks for the info. How much did you trim off of the AWE link pipe? Looks to be roughly 1"?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Nice, but "needs" the double wall tips IMO

Agreed, I wish they had it as an option when purchasing the exhaust as opposed to having to buy an additional 4 tips for $300.