GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dutch's Awesome GTI Nonsense And Belated Build Info Thread

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
So I'm currently sitting in the dealership lounge while the car gets new tires and an alignment. I was very pleasantly surprised to meet Nick, their master tech who is working on the car.

He came in and told me he was working on the alignment and having seen the modifications on the car (and license plate :D), figured I might be someone who likes to drive hard on occasion and wanted to check if I'd like him to adjust the front toe juuust a smidge to see if we can wake up the turn-in. I really appreciate that he took the initiative and of course, I'll try it and see how I like it.

We talked shop for a couple minutes about the clutch coming up which was also cool, got his card and am looking forward to the driving experience when he's finished.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Speaking of tires, they're finally on! I went with Michelin PS4S in the stock size. These things are beefy and quite sticky. I think I finally understand the mudflap draw as I can hear any kicking up into the car in parking lots, didn't happen so much on the all seasons.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Speaking of tires, they're finally on! I went with Michelin PS4S in the stock size. These things are beefy and quite sticky. I think I finally understand the mudflap draw as I can hear any kicking up into the car in parking lots, didn't happen so much on the all seasons.

Are they 235s on stock 7.5” wheels? I’ve been wondering if that was too wide for the wheel and I didn’t think 4S came in 225 section.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Awww, sorry man. Sounds like you've got an excuse to buy new wheels.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Looks good.. for $99 I'm glad I bought the rokblokz for mine especially living in PA with the crap from winter that's forever on the road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Looks good.. for $99 I'm glad I bought the rokblokz for mine especially living in PA with the crap from winter that's forever on the road.

I'm going to have to do something, I don't know what yet. I haven't done anything crazy with the new tires yet but an RSB is in order, I could feel the bodyroll even more just in the way into work after getting the tires.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I'm going to have to do something, I don't know what yet. I haven't done anything crazy with the new tires yet but an RSB is in order, I could feel the bodyroll even more just in the way into work after getting the tires.
I'm sure. Luckily previous owner had already done rsb on mine. I'm getting my dkm installed after I get back from vacation on 22nd. Can't wait. Hopefully all goes well with yours on your trip

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure. Luckily previous owner had already done rsb on mine. I'm getting my dkm installed after I get back from vacation on 22nd. Can't wait. Hopefully all goes well with yours on your trip

Current Dutch would like to have some words with past Dutch about the order of mods but honestly, adding power is so easy, so addicting...

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Hey Dutch. Heard that you are going to GTI_Jake's for some install work on your road trip. I am getting a DP install with him in the 21st. My first official mod! Looking forward to it!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Nice! I'll be home by then but you should swing by while I'm there and say hi!

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Current Dutch would like to have some words with past Dutch about the order of mods but honestly, adding power is so easy, so addicting...
Yeah I know what you mean. I found out later after buying mine that it already had stage 1 apr. Ordered a MAPerformance intake for it before I brought it home. Had I known it was already tuned, I would've went DP instead of intake but I plan in keeping for a while so I need to remind myself that every time I get on the internet and see parts on sale lol. I started a spreadsheet with mods and when I purchased and installed to keep track. There's quite a bit on there already.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Sorry Pops, not much going on right now but there's a couple of bits waiting in the wings. RSB is ready to go, just don't feel like installing in winter weather. IS38 is also ready, but I have decisions to make regarding tunes. 5150 is my current tune but I'm absolutely not going that way again. Do I go the Maestro route, or do I reach out to Ed?