GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs 392 scatpack

Pirate

Ready to race!
Hello, I am not very good at telling stories.

Saw a 392 charger scatpack on the highway, pulled up next to him and he signaled for a 50 roll. Let him honk as my horn is experiencing technical difficulties after my intercooler install :p. I'm really surprised that it couldn't keep up with 485 hp to the crank! I've heard they have a pretty nice 8speed tranny too. Too keep it short, I constantly pulled on him until I was about 2-2 1/2 cars ahead all the way to 120 where I shut down.

The one thing I will admit though, the new chargers with the 392 package look sick. Too bad they start at around 45k.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Played with a modded one a couple weeks ago, for a heavy car it wasn't slow.

Sounded awesome, looked great too.

He was def surprised when he didn't pull away from me, exchanged thumbs up and worked our way through heavy traffic for a bit. Good experience.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I waiting for my buddies 17 Daytona to do a hwy pull. 52 plus sticker.

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
Hello, I am not very good at telling stories.

Saw a 392 charger scatpack on the highway, pulled up next to him and he signaled for a 50 roll. Let him honk as my horn is experiencing technical difficulties after my intercooler install :p. I'm really surprised that it couldn't keep up with 485 hp to the crank! I've heard they have a pretty nice 8speed tranny too. Too keep it short, I constantly pulled on him until I was about 2-2 1/2 cars ahead all the way to 120 where I shut down.

The one thing I will admit though, the new chargers with the 392 package look sick. Too bad they start at around 45k.

Besides IC what mods do you have?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Played with a modded one a couple weeks ago, for a heavy car it wasn't slow.

Sounded awesome, looked great too.

He was def surprised when he didn't pull away from me, exchanged thumbs up and worked our way through heavy traffic for a bit. Good experience.

Is38? Hope it was far from stock Hoon. They trap 112-114 stock...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I ran a 5.7 on 8psi, dude said he dyno tuned it that week and it make 500whp and some odd change.

He pulled about a car and a half on me, but I also had a 200lbs passenger and my roof rack on so we were very close 1-4th gear

His gf has a brand new 392 scat, and he said I hung better than she does.

APR stage 2, this was before my FMIC I believe

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Is38? Hope it was far from stock Hoon. They trap 112-114 stock...

Yessir, IS38. I was on E30 also. I could tell i had the faster car, but not by a very wide margin.

Couldn't tell you his mods, but it sounded excellent. They guy was cool, very friendly about it. Definitely an enthusiast who didn't take it as a dick measuring competition...all too rare these days.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Yessir, IS38. I was on E30 also. I could tell i had the faster car, but not by a very wide margin.

Couldn't tell you his mods, but it sounded excellent. They guy was cool, very friendly about it. Definitely an enthusiast who didn't take it as a dick measuring competition...all too rare these days.

People sand bag all the time. Let’s just guess you trap at least 120 mph on e30 w/ is38. He would have to have cam/heads or spraying 75-100. They weigh 4200-4300. My buddy had 15 scat 8 speed auto w/ hellcat box. 12.53 @ 112 mph best at my track.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Aren't the daytona's 5.7s? they're slower than the scat packs.

edit: nvm, lol didn't realize there was a daytona scat pack version.

The new Daytona’s are the top of line charger pkg with the 6.4L.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
I raced one in my Stg 1 GTi DSG and lost by 1.5 cars from 50-115mph roll. When he was in manual mode thru his automatic. When he left it in auto mode, we were DEAD even. LOL