GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M

Loonster

Ready to race!
Very nice! I really like the new new DJ41, great update to a classic reference. My brother is looking to get one soon.

The new 3250 movement is off the charts accurate. I've been a huge Grand Seiko fan for some time now because their Hi Beat 36,000 VPH is so good. The new movement promises +/-2 seconds a day which is incredible considering COSC standards are -4/+6 a day. I bought this watch and set it to the atomic clock and checked back 10 days later to see where it was. It was exactly to the second. It blew my mind.

I never thought Rolex would beat GS at the accuracy game but this new movement is unreal.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
As I’m sure some of you will remember (since I said it a couple times) I said was going to hold off buying my dream watch (Speedy Pro) for my 30th birthday (today) because my wife and I are expecting out first child in just a few weeks!
Well, my wonderful wife surprised me with this this morning before work.
I am over the moon (pun intended)

On an old leather Nato for now till I can go get the bracelet sized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
As I’m sure some of you will remember (since I said it a couple times) I said was going to hold off buying my dream watch (Speedy Pro) for my 30th birthday (today) because my wife and I are expecting out first child in just a few weeks!

[emoji108]

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Loonster

Ready to race!
Very nice. I purchased my Datejust 41 and my wife's ladies Datejust 31 on Valentines Day. She was in shock.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Very nice. I purchased my Datejust 41 and my wife's ladies Datejust 31 on Valentines Day. She was in shock.

Wow awesome gifts!
Wife is not into watches in the least bit.
However she inherited a very nice old Concorde that belonged to her great grandmother.
She knew it was nice...but didn't quite know how nice lol

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Nixon Sentry Chrono. Not an expensive watch, but I love how it looks.

Attachments

• img20180303_162433.jpg
    img20180303_162433.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

slide13

Ready to race!

Nice and congrats!

Speedy Pro is a special watch! My brother decided he wanted a DJ41 and was selling his Speedy and I couldn’t pass up giving it a try again after 10+ years since I last tried one. Love it! Unfortunately found a slight issue so it’s off for service right now, but excited to get it back.

I still love my Sub, but the Speedy has a special something that a modern Sub lacks.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah the Speedy really was and is THE watch for me.
A love the history, I love the look, fits me perfectly. Checks off all the boxes for me.
I really don't see myself wanting anther watch as much as I wanted the Speedy.
I'm honestly not much of a Rolex guy. They just don;t really do much for me.
Sure the Sub is iconic and I like it, but not sure if I would ever buy one.
If I were to buy a Rolex it would probably be a white dial Milgauss or Explorer.

But just curious what was the issue with your speedy? And did you send it to Omega for service?
Just curious of the experience...

slide13

Ready to race!
A love the history, I love the look, fits me perfectly. Checks off all the boxes for me.
If I were to buy a Rolex it would probably be a white dial Milgauss or Explorer.

But just curious what was the issue with your speedy? And did you send it to Omega for service?

Ha, yeah, I've also been eyeing a Milgauss lately, though I like the Z-Blue model myself. Would have to sell my Sub for one and not sure about that though...so we'll see how things shake out.

As far as the Speedy, I noticed one of the chrono pushers was sitting at a bit of an upward tilting angle. Under close inspection with a loupe it appears the pusher tube wasn't properly seated into the case. It's still under warranty so I sent it to the Omega boutique in Seattle as my brother had succesfully used them once in the past for service on a different Speedy (he's had like 5 of them over the years). Will be curious to see what they say, hoping for an easy warranty fix.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Ha, yeah, I've also been eyeing a Milgauss lately, though I like the Z-Blue model myself. Would have to sell my Sub for one and not sure about that though...so we'll see how things shake out.

As far as the Speedy, I noticed one of the chrono pushers was sitting at a bit of an upward tilting angle. Under close inspection with a loupe it appears the pusher tube wasn't properly seated into the case. It's still under warranty so I sent it to the Omega boutique in Seattle as my brother had succesfully used them once in the past for service on a different Speedy (he's had like 5 of them over the years). Will be curious to see what they say, hoping for an easy warranty fix.

Seems like it should be problem free.
I'm just curious how long it actually takes (I have heard around a month).
At least it is still under warranty though.
Otherwise it is a $750 service.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti

Felt the same about Rolex's until I had the opportunity to handle one in person. I've seen some rare Sub's, handled a DJ and messed with my friends GMT2 and I instantly fell in love. The fit and finish on the GMT2 was just incredible. It's definitely a different style of watch from the Speedy but being that my only "dress" watch is a quartz Seiko or my JR Terrascope with a beige dial (still can't find a proper strap for it), I find myself really wanting a DJ or GMT2.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
My Grandfather has a day/date, and that thing IS nice.
Father in-law has an Explorer II and it is very nice as well.
There is no denying the quality and fit and finish, but those are the only 2 Rollies I've ever had first hand experience with.