Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Anyone have experience with vintage omegas? Been overwhelmed with the info on some of the watch forums

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Anyone have experience with vintage omegas? Been overwhelmed with the info on some of the watch forums

My experience with vintage, not necessarily Omega, but here are some things to look for:

Integrity of the bracelet
Condition of bezel
Condition of clasp
When was it last serviced

I have no issue with buying a vintage watch, but if the watch hasn't been serviced then I would budget for that. The beauty of mechanical watches with brands like Omega is they can run for many decades or well over a century.
Quartz movements won't last that long but the beauty with those is that the movements can easily be replaced.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
My experience with vintage, not necessarily Omega, but here are some things to look for:

Integrity of the bracelet
Condition of bezel
Condition of clasp
When was it last serviced

I have no issue with buying a vintage watch, but if the watch hasn't been serviced then I would budget for that. The beauty of mechanical watches with brands like Omega is they can run for many decades or well over a century.
Quartz movements won't last that long but the beauty with those is that the movements can easily be replaced.

Thanks for the tips!

slide13

Ready to race!
You cheap bastards! :) Not one Rolex? A LONG time ago I almost bought one that had a leather band with a gold case and back. New it was $750. Now leather and stainless is probably $4,000.

Post 25 ;)

And you can barely buy one on leather these days....nor get one for $4k sadly. They were certainly a better buy in years passed, but they still make a hell of a watch!

Loonster

Ready to race!
Datejust 41

Attachments

• P2160019.JPG
    P2160019.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 568

Loonster

Ready to race!
Timeless.
Two tone or stainless steel on band and fluted bezel?

Stainless band, 18k white gold fluted bezel in 41mm with the new 3250 movement. Had the option to go 2 tone 18k gold for the same price but opted out. It was a tough choice but gold is over the top for me. I wanted something elegant that didn't scream "look at me"

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT

Shinola Runwell 41mm Chrono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk