GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brutal Launchcontrol in the Facelift GTI PP :)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
NO it is not the same Brutal LC in the Non Facelift or the 7,5 with not the Performance Pack! :)

One of my subs comment that he had the LC at 3200rpm, and i have 3800rpm.

When i checked that with a tuner is that the case!. So the "NEW" 7 gear DQ381 can handle more power!. Therefore problably the 0-60 is so much better in the PP..

:)

Full wheel spinn on first gear, yet i have 235/35/19 GY wheels :confused::D

And not full boost until 3 gear...i think.. You can see in my power monitor in the movie.:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vn_x6Fkvi8

Last edited:

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
I have a MK6 ED35, and mine does the same when launcing. Thats why i never launch since you lose acceleration.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
All I think is poor gearbox and drive train. I wouldn't do that too often, it has Launch control but it does over stress components.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
I have a MK6 ED35, and mine does the same when launcing. Thats why i never launch since you lose acceleration.

Yes, i will try some new tires and see if it helps with traction.. But i think will try without the LC..:D

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Filming yourself doing 150kmh, smart move? ;-)

Try vcds or odb11 to set starting vibration to "off" and se if it helps boost in lower gears.

It´s filmed in Germany ;).

How do i find that in the OBD11?..

:D

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Didn't watch the video but I'd highly suggest upgrades engine, transmission mounts as well as a dog bone insert. The dog bone insert being the cheaper option to try first, just make sure you turn off the soundekor or it'll sound terrible in the car.

armedferret

Ready to race!
My non facelift has awful spin and wheel hop too. I've used LC 3 times just to try it myself and to demo for the wife.

Prolly better tires and a dogbone woild improve it but it's a FWD 4 cylinder car. LC is pretty silly anyway.

Plus the RUMINT that after a certain number of launches it disallows further use.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Didn't watch the video but I'd highly suggest upgrades engine, transmission mounts as well as a dog bone insert. The dog bone insert being the cheaper option to try first, just make sure you turn off the soundekor or it'll sound terrible in the car.

Yes you are right, but it is not fun to change this on a brand new car..:mad:

So i hoped that the OBS tweek should help....but not on my spec on the car with Continental Sportcontact 6.. :D

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
NO it is not the same Brutal LC in the Non Facelift or the 7,5 with not the Performance Pack! :D

When i checked that with a tuner is that the case!. So the "NEW" 7 gear DQ381 can handle more power!. Therefore problably the 0-60 is so much better in the PP..

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
NO it is not the same Brutal LC in the Non Facelift or the 7,5 with not the Performance Pack! :D

A higher launch control setting doesn't mean it can handle more power, just that VW decided to set it higher on that model. I can launch at 4750 RPM in my 6 speed dsg with my accessport tune.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
A higher launch control setting doesn't mean it can handle more power, just that VW decided to set it higher on that model. I can launch at 4750 RPM in my 6 speed dsg with my accessport tune.

What i understand the spec of the DQ381 is 70 Nm more i max torque.

That is why VW dare to give the New R 400Nm now..

I know this is not what it can handle, but this is the Safe SAfe way that VW calculate..:D