GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best product for the infrequent car washers

DW58

Go Kart Champion
A rich-man's toy which I would love - my Kärcher Pressure Washer while adequate doesn't quite stack up to that one. I also find my Kärcher steam cleaner very useful.

GTD184

Ready to race!
A rich-man's toy

I Wish:)......It is a tool which has many purposes and which was worth the investment. I was basically fed up of paying £200 for a "throw away" pressure washer that was made of cheap materials and lasted at best 2- 3 years.

I use it for cleaning the car primarily but it also makes good work of cleaning block paving, the conservatory and my mountain bike. I have had it 6 years and all I have ever done is put fuel, detergent and water softner in it:)

Stripey

Ready to race!
All the stuff arrived this week so just spent 2 hours cleaning the car - finished just in time for a beer to watch the rugby!

It involved:
- Car wash at the petrol station to get most of the crap off
- A hand wash, rinse and dry at the house
- Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine all over
- Gtechniq G4 on all the windows
- Gtechniq G5 on all the windows
- Window cleaner on the insides

Had to stop then cos I didnt want to miss the rugby but just a vacuum left to do. Initial thoughts............ I like it! Looks great when it's so shiny, just a shame its dirty again within a few days. Definitely impressed with the Sonax stuff, so easy to apply and rub off. Give it a few hours and it'll be raining again and I can judge its water repellent properties!

Anyone else used these products?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I know G4/G5 well - excellent products. As for the rugby, not looking forward to tomorrow, I've got a feeling we're going to get our arses kicked in Dublin.

Stripey

Ready to race!
I have to say, I'm well impressed with G4/G5. I just love how clean the glass stays and makes a massive difference when driving. I just wonder if G5 will work equally as well without the G4 preparation?

From my initial application 4 weeks ago, its effect had started to wear off so did another application today (well, and because it came back from its service dirtier than when it went in after their complimentary wash!). Really loving having a clean car now. I'm converted........sort of!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
G5 would work fine without the G4 on a new car, but not otherwise. Even so, I prepared my new glass with G4 first on the new beastie.

Got bombed by a Herring Gull at the beach last evening - heard a thump on the roof while we were eating our fish and chips - by the mess on the roof you'd have been mistaken for thinking an Ostrich had done it!

WARNING: All Bird Bombs but especially those from Seagulls, are highly corrosive and will eat through your clearcote leaving permanent marks if you don't remove them ASAP. I keep a spray bottle of 1:10 shampoo/water mixture and paper wipes specially for this purpose.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
A cheaper option is a spray bottle of 1:10 water/shampoo mix and a pack of soft tissues.

Stripey

Ready to race!
Spent 2 hours today cleaning 2 cars (not a lot by some standards but still an effort!) and then a few hours later, went out to my car and some motherf***** had thrown a load of milk over it. Windscreen, 1 side, roof & rear. Not drenched in it but enough to need another total wipedown (which I havent done). Reminds me why I dont spend too long cleaning cars!

DW58

Go Kart Champion

I bet the air was blue with curses - had it dried on? Milk and eggs can be terrible to get off of paintwork/glass if dried on

Shame you didn't find the little fecker(s)

Stripey

Ready to race!
Yep, some industrial language was used! It had mostly dried but it all rubbed off eventually with another quick go on the Sonax spray.

Bunyarra

Quite a few people who just need to wash'n'go use the Optimum no-rinse
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=195294

I use it on my daughter's scrappy Ford Ka - not worth full detailing every month as it used to just sit outside a student flat and get covered in seagull poo. It is a surprising product - far exceeding my expectations.

On top of a layer of Wolf Body Wrap, it kept it looking very good for over a year with minimal effort.