GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best dashboard uv protectant spray/wipes

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The product you are talking about comes in a blue bottle I think, correct me if I'm wrong. I have also tried it myself in the past, but didn't like the streaks and i pitched it. I am very picky when it comes to my detail products and i can assure you that the Chemical Guys Innerclean does a good job.

I second InnerClean. Smells great with UV protection. Leave no finish behind on any surfaces.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Griot's Interior Cleaner
It's literally just a cleaner (hence the name), doesn't add/leave anything & doesn't leave stains/marks or anything

This is what I use and prefer. I even use it on my cloth seats with a microfiber rag. Nextzett Cockpit Premium is also good.

What I have noticed with other reputable products is that they eventually cause a haze on my windshield as they bake in the sun.

One thing to know about your windshield OP is that it has 99% UV A/B protection built in. The dash isn't getting bombarded too badly. The windows do not have default UV A/B, so tint is recommended in that case.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I used:

Meguiar's Quik Detailer, hated the smell
Nexzett Cockpit Premium, acceptable smell
Chemical Guys Inner Clean, not a fan of the pineapple scent, but acceptable

and currently use:
Chemical Guys Inner Clean Baby powder scent, which I prefer.

jackalope

Ready to race!
I use Lexol Vinylex. It's non toxic silicone based and provides UV protection.

3M's product contains carcinogens for some reason

ottothecow

I've been using Chemical Guys Silk Shine. Use it on interior/exterior trim and my tires.

I don't want to use a combination cleaner and protectant. Would rather have a plain protectant/dressing and a separate cleaner for when necessary.

I have some 303, but I have never really loved it. The Silk Shine seems to do a good job of being non-greasy and not too shiny.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I use the Meguiar's Interior Detailer to clean it, but i've never sprayed anything on the dash other than that. I don't see the need to apply any "protectant". I have good tint and a nice quality Covercraft sunshade for the windshield for that.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
One thing to know about your windshield OP is that it has 99% UV A/B protection built in. The dash isn't getting bombarded too badly. The windows do not have default UV A/B, so tint is recommended in that case.

I guess I didn't think about that. What is it that causes the dash in most cars to fade over time then? The constant heating up and cooling down of the material?

golfare

Passed Driver's Ed
Armor All protectant wipes that come from Advance Auto for $4.11 a bottle for 25 wipes have worked great for me for years on a black Acura dashboard. No discoloration or cracking or any damage at all for that matter for a 14 year of car is pretty good.

For me, cleaning the interior in a daily driver needs to be as quick and easy as possible. Otherwise I will only do it occasionally. Therefore, leaving a bottle of wipes in the spare tire area and grabbing one every other time I fill up at the gas station keeps a black interior looking best than most peoples DDs.