GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it totalled? 2017 GTI rear-ended by Chevy Colorado.

RoyPatient

Hoping it is as it appears that the rear subframe is compromised. Colorado hit me at probably 50mph while at full stop.

2017 Autobahn with 41k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Sorry for the luck. Been in and around the business for a very long time and i would be more than surprised if they fix this. Its hard when a car gets rearended because them quarters arent like fender where you can just unbolt and bolt new ones on. Good luck tho, such a shame[emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
You can always try to get phone records.
But a read end is a rear end...it probably wont even matter.
And yeah It say with 99% certainty that it will be a TL.
On the surface it doesn't look too terribly bad, but I'm sure there is some underlying damage.
And from what I've seen, most GTI's that get that little wrinkle up at the top of the "c-pillar" are usually totaled because there is some frame damage.
Speaking from some experience (my MK6) lol...

Also, make sure to go get yourself checked out!
Even if you don't feel any pain currently, you still took a beating.

armedferret

Ready to race!
holy crap, that's serious. glad you're okay.

parroting here but yeah definitely looks totaled; the crumple zones did their job and deflected energy from the wreck along certain channels, but sadly those would *ALL* require replacement. and that's a lot more than 20k worth of work all in.

RoyPatient

Initial estimate is $10k-12k based on what the shop can see from the outside. Waiting for the insurance company to approve the tear down.

BTE

Passed Driver's Ed
Just out of curiosity (and if they offer it), what will the buy back price from the insurance company be for you on the car?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Cripes on a bike ! Simlalr thinh recently happened to my uncle ina Hyundai I20 (I think), though impact speed was 10ishMPH. Hope the OP is ok, get checked out regardless, car maybe totalled depends on chassis & subframe damaged v value / cost of repairs....

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Initial estimate is $10k-12k based on what the shop can see from the outside. Waiting for the insurance company to approve the tear down.

That is what happened to me.

It was about the same $ figure to repair mine and then once they got into it they were like, yeah no.