GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Thanks for the quick reply. If I install it all in my car, what are the chances it will work without any issues? Is the worst thing that can happen that CP kicks in and I then have to go to someone to fix it all?

Or is there a chance of something even worse happening? :D

Nahh, no worries. The car will not break :D
When CP kicks in, you will have no sound and there's a message on your infotainment screen. That's about it. After getting it patched, it's gone.

zigrow

Passed Driver's Ed
VAGCOM, OBD11, or VAS5 will work.

I think after scanning this thread I have an idea of how it works but it's still mostly gibberish to me. But I'm confused in regards to post # 627 quoted above and where it relates to the process. What exactly will all 3 of those work to accomplish? Only the coding for MIB1 amp to work with MIB2? I have a VAGCOM already so I'm curious

I have a Nav unit now in my SEL with Fender audio. If I get an MIB2 NAV unit 3Q0035876 will Navigation be one of the functions that the Dealership can activate?

Am I restricted in any way on the MIB2 display part # I should get if I get the 3Q0035876?

Is it still accurate that the dealership can't activate App-Connect?

teemmy

Ready to race!
Hey teemmy, I didn't disconnect anything, i literally just turn the ignition to the off position and pulled out the key, before re-inserting and switching the ignition back on. Not sure if that's what did the trick or it was something else. All i can say is I followed the posted instructions and it worked. Best of luck!

yeeee i tried randomly and all my sport modes work :) much props for all the help!

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone want to PM me Jack's Skype? Have everything tested and ready just need somebody to code it who doesn't want to charge me 400 euro.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Anyone ever figure out how to get the performance monitor to show more than 120?
Doubt it's possible.

Just wait a week and you'll get over the novelty of the performance monitor and want a real multi gauge [emoji23]

Other than that, how'd your retrofit end up?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Doubt it's possible.

Just wait a week and you'll get over the novelty of the performance monitor and want a real multi gauge [emoji23]

Other than that, how'd your retrofit end up?

Honestly, I want a more more accurate water temp display than what is provided on the dashboard and be able to run the lap timer in the cluster while still having oil temp displayed. It's theorized all I need is an ECM reflash and it'll work based on what I found on ross tech.

The retrofit went well. Voice does not work even with the FEC's loaded and MQBCARSRETROFIT theorizes that I have to connect a phone to AA and hold the voice button for 2 seconds. I don't believe that but I don't have the USB connector for the cubby yet so I can't try it. He also got drive select working 3rd time, which is nice. He was surprised I got my MIB1 amp working with MIB2 which I did with coding tweaks before I had him touch the unit. Would recommend but don't have him stay up until 3AM to get this done. I'm glad he did it though.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Honestly, I want a more more accurate water temp display than what is provided on the dashboard and be able to run the lap timer in the cluster while still having oil temp displayed. It's theorized all I need is an ECM reflash and it'll work based on what I found on ross tech.

The retrofit went well. Voice does not work even with the FEC's loaded and MQBCARSRETROFIT theorizes that I have to connect a phone to AA and hold the voice button for 2 seconds. I don't believe that but I don't have the USB connector for the cubby yet so I can't try it. He also got drive select working 3rd time, which is nice. He was surprised I got my MIB1 amp working with MIB2 which I did with coding tweaks before I had him touch the unit. Would recommend but don't have him stay up until 3AM to get this done. I'm glad he did it though.
Holding the voice button for 2 seconds will activate either Siri or Google when you have a phone connected. Works great with Android.

Pushing it once should be normal voice commands for VW. If you ask me it works pretty poorly, so if it doesn't work for some reason you're not really missing anything.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Holding the voice button for 2 seconds will activate either Siri or Google when you have a phone connected. Works great with Android.

Pushing it once should be normal voice commands for VW. If you ask me it works pretty poorly, so if it doesn't work for some reason you're not really missing anything.

I just want everything to work correctly. Buttons are there. I played with it a little bit before I had the unit modified and I actually didn't mind it. Sucks having OCD sometimes.

zigrow

Passed Driver's Ed
I think after scanning this thread I have an idea of how it works but it's still mostly gibberish to me. But I'm confused in regards to post # 627 quoted above and where it relates to the process. What exactly will all 3 of those work to accomplish? Only the coding for MIB1 amp to work with MIB2? I have a VAGCOM already so I'm curious

I have a Nav unit now in my SEL with Fender audio. If I get an MIB2 NAV unit 3Q0035876 will Navigation be one of the functions that the Dealership can activate?

Am I restricted in any way on the MIB2 display part # I should get if I get the 3Q0035876?

Is it still accurate that the dealership can't activate App-Connect?

Anybody?