GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf R Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #18
jonny_g
Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG DCC
Location: New York
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 95
what kind of wiring/harness is required for MPI? Where does it tie into the cars wiring ?
jonny_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #19
vw671
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 MK7 Golf-R
Location: San Diego
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_g View Post
what kind of wiring/harness is required for MPI? Where does it tie into the cars wiring ?



I have a Precision Raceworks harness but CTS turbo also makes one. The harness has to be pinned into the ECU harness.
__________________
Instagram @vw671
vw671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:49 PM   #20
Hoon
Senior Member
 
Hoon's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 GTI, Sequoia, Turbo Gixxer
Location: Rhode Island
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw671 View Post
I have a Precision Raceworks harness but CTS turbo also makes one. The harness has to be pinned into the ECU harness.
CTS harness is exactly the same as the PR. Mine is a bit older and does not have wiring for the ethanol content sensor. I know PR has added this, don't know if CTS has.
__________________
Littco L450 w/ MPI, self tuned via Maestro
Hoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #21
vw671
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 MK7 Golf-R
Location: San Diego
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
CTS harness is exactly the same as the PR. Mine is a bit older and does not have wiring for the ethanol content sensor. I know PR has added this, don't know if CTS has.

CTS still does not.
__________________
Instagram @vw671
vw671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #22
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: de plains! de plains!
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_g View Post
what kind of wiring/harness is required for MPI? Where does it tie into the cars wiring ?
This guy has a good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7c1MB9lSA&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHguaXGdGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwlInZAYe9Y&t

He's got a sweet vid on timing too as he swaps an R motor.
__________________
ED Moose E50 ECU tune / ED DSG Stage 2 tune / Tomioka IHX475 Turbo / IE IC / MAP cat+res DP / Autotech HPFP / PR 450 LPFP / Uni TIP / EQT TMD and Pipes / NT-05s on Asstins / Full Stealth Mode
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #23
PacDawg
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2016 GTI / 2008 Acura RDX
Location: Gilroy, CA
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
This guy has a good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7c1MB9lSA&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHguaXGdGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwlInZAYe9Y&t

He's got a sweet vid on timing too as he swaps an R motor.
Neil is the man. We NorCal folks are lucky this guy is local because he does quality work in a timely manner and doesn't gouge you with his pricing.
__________________
2016 GTI S DSG | 5150 IHX475 ECU & APR TCU Tune | ECS Intake | Unitronic Intercooler | Circuit Werks DP | VWR Exhaust | Precision Raceworks LPFP | Autotech HPFP | CTS TIP | Kosie K8R | VWR Springs | Llumar CTX 35% Tint
11.27 @ 122.33 mph IS38 5150
10.87 @ 128.03 mph IHX475 5150

Last edited by PacDawg; 07-09-2019 at 07:19 PM.
PacDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #24
Diggs24
Senior Member
 
Diggs24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
Location: de plains! de plains!
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11,320
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDawg View Post
Neil is the man. We NorCal folks are lucky this guy is local because he does quality work in a timely manner and doesn't qouge you with his pricing.
619 subs. Unfortunate for the quality he puts out. He also responds to comments which is cool as a lot don't...
__________________
ED Moose E50 ECU tune / ED DSG Stage 2 tune / Tomioka IHX475 Turbo / IE IC / MAP cat+res DP / Autotech HPFP / PR 450 LPFP / Uni TIP / EQT TMD and Pipes / NT-05s on Asstins / Full Stealth Mode
Diggs24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:18 AM   #25
jonny_g
Member
 
Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG DCC
Location: New York
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
This guy has a good channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7c1MB9lSA&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHguaXGdGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwlInZAYe9Y&t

He's got a sweet vid on timing too as he swaps an R motor.
Nice...thanks for the links...seems like a cool dude
jonny_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.