GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne maestro questions...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've tried asking in the big tuning thread, but my posts seem to get lost in the shuffle there.

Anyway, I have a couple questions about the maestro tune.

-is there a way to decrease the throttle response via driving modes? Example, stock tune race mode is more urgent vs normal and comfort modes.

-I plan to basically run stage 2 for a while. Future plans for a possible hybrid turbo. The question here is what's the base tune for stage 2? Is it the same as Eurodyne's standard stage 2 tune?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
No, there is no way to change how much throttle opening you get vs pedal input.

I believe the stage 2 tune is their standard tune, but no one would have a way to view the tables in the standard tune so impossible to confirm (except by Tapp).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've tried asking in the big tuning thread, but my posts seem to get lost in the shuffle there.

Anyway, I have a couple questions about the maestro tune.

-is there a way to decrease the throttle response via driving modes? Example, stock tune race mode is more urgent vs normal and comfort modes.

-I plan to basically run stage 2 for a while. Future plans for a possible hybrid turbo. The question here is what's the base tune for stage 2? Is it the same as Eurodyne's standard stage 2 tune?

You could get a BMS Pedal Tuner. Then just change the throttle response when you want to.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
No, there is no way to change how much throttle opening you get vs pedal input.

I believe the stage 2 tune is their standard tune, but no one would have a way to view the tables in the standard tune so impossible to confirm (except by Tapp).
I think I should be more specific... Is there any change between those modes when you have the Eurodyne tune. Any difference in race mode vs normal?

Tapp?

You could get a BMS Pedal Tuner. Then just change the throttle response when you want to.
Not a fan of peddle boxes. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I think I should be more specific... Is there any change between those modes when you have the Eurodyne tune. Any difference in race mode vs normal?

Tapp?

I pretty much never use sport mode so I'm not sure if it follows the OEM changes in throttle. I've also had so many tunes and tuning solutions that I have no clue what OEM actually was at this point.

Tapp being Chris Tapp, the guy who wrote the software.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Tapp?

Not a fan of peddle boxes. Thanks for the suggestion though.

No problem but I sure like the throttle response with mine.