GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate Voltage too low?

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Right, you need a tune for your turbo, not an ETR tune. Surprised Revo would have let you flash that file to begin with. Perhaps they don't care as it's not their problem if your turbo goes boom (easy $$$ for them).

Tell us more about this VWR turbo though. Specs? Cost?

I got this 2nd turbo (nearly 90% new) around 2500USD

i dont have the specs , neither in VWR own website , i have the PICs

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 155

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
The ETR and the VWR units are both made by turbotechnics. I wonder whether they are actually identical, or maybe the fact that they are offered each paired with a specific tune means they are not. In all cases the vwr is quite a strong unit when paired with its dedicated software or a custom tune. A few cars local to me are running it and it sits just below the tte525 with a better spool

Last edited:

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
The ETR and the VWR units are both made by turbotechnics. I wonder whether they are actually identical, or maybe the fact that they are offered each paired with a specific tune means they are not. In all cases the vwr is quite a strong unit when paired with its dedicated software or a custom tune. A few cars local to me are running it and it sits just below the tte525 with a better spool

that's exactly the reason i choose vwr stg3 turbo, spool better

but the truth from my logs, the spool is poor

i am struggling with it for month

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
maybe i choose the wrong turbo:)

No, the turbo is fine.

Ahh, good info.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
clipped turbine is never going to spool well compared to the non clipped version. Ie etr v vwr.

Interesting info. So the VWR being clipped will have a slower spool than the ETR. Our local tuning shop reported that the VWR spools even better than the TTE470. The ETR must then be a great choice for a daily driver!

Littco do you have any idea how the L450 compares to the VWR, ETR or TTE470 in terms of spool and power? If it spools quicker and is good for 450bhp on conservative boost I might bite the bullet on this one!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Interesting info. So the VWR being clipped will have a slower spool than the ETR. Our local tuning shop reported that the VWR spools even better than the TTE470. The ETR must then be a great choice for a daily driver!

Littco do you have any idea how the L450 compares to the VWR, ETR or TTE470 in terms of spool and power? If it spools quicker and is good for 450bhp on conservative boost I might bite the bullet on this one!

It will make 400whp on 28psi on pump gas. It spools fine for a daily. I bet if you ask Hoon nicely he will sell you his.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04

how many generations does VWR have in there stage 3 turbo, I believe mine is not like yours, totally oppose :confused::p:eek:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It will make 400whp on 28psi on pump gas. It spools fine for a daily. I bet if you ask Hoon nicely he will sell you his.

Soon... going to lean on it a bit first, I'm just way behind because I'm chasing bullshit wastegate issues and oil leaks (from the engine not the turbo).