GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haldex service question

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone here has been very helpful in the past and I'm looking for an answer to a silly question.

Is replacing the rear diff fluid the same as changing the haldex fluid? Are they the same thing? Lol I'm super not mechanically inclined but can wrap/dip a car any day.
I took my car in for her dsg and haldex service, usually my husband does all the mechanical work on her but he's in the field w/ no service right now. The paperwork didn't mention anything about cleaning the haldex filter either I know they can get pretty gunky. Side note they also replaced the water pump so I joined that club...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MDLBC

Ready to race!
Looking at their notes, they used haldex fluid (G-060-175-A2) for your differential (and I assume rear differential as there is a front as well) when they should have used gear oil for the differential (G-052-145-S2). I’m sure you are safe temporarily but I would go directly to the service manager to have it refilled with the proper oil. If they say the oils are interchangeable, call VWOA.

The haldex was not serviced based on the service order, and yes, you would ask them to remove the haldex pump and wipe down the filter (albeit for an additional cost).

Good Luck!

Last edited:

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at their notes, they used haldex fluid (G-060-175-A2) for your differential (and I assume rear differential as there is a front as well) when they should have used gear oil for the differential (G-052-145-S2). I’m sure you are safe temporarily but I would go directly to the service manager to have it refilled with the proper oil. If they say the oils are interchangeable, call VW of UK.

The haldex was not serviced based on the service order, and yes, you would ask them to remove the haldex pump and wipe down the filter (albeit for an additional cost).

Good Luck!
Well hell [emoji19] I'll have to call them in the morning I guess get it figured out since they're closed today

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk