GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seven

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Happy New Year Kiddos!

Since I cannot trust anything that was done to this car I am forced to dig deeper. Let me tell you, I have pulled off bumpers from cars in the past. All variations of Toyota to VW but NEVER pulled off a 911 rear bumper. Talk about over engineered! Jesus Christ!

Anywho.... had to check the alternator and do a serpentine belt upgrade at the same time...as well as new spark plugs, valve cover seals and bolts. Will get to replacing chain seals and hardware. I am sure there is about 30 other things that I forgot....anyway I am glad I did this because my alternator had some play in it so it got sent off to be rebuilt. Fan housing and fan itself are gonna get blasted and cleaned up before reinstall...

some local 993 "kids" that came to lend me their time. :D

pulling out the alternator entails a lot of steps....and with big fat hands its not easy....atleast I found a use for my floor mat.

there is nothing that a drill and a middle finger cant accomplish!

alternator out. Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

apparently gang signs help with removal of the fan blade from the bearing.

Oh you dont wanna come off?

you were saying something?

cleaning isht up...

alt/fan housing looking new again.....

What a long road this is going to be! UGGGGHHHH :eek:

Best,

Paul

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
lookin good dude!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
ok so I am 95% done with my engine bay. Top image is from Feb 16 2018 and the bottom pic is taken on 3/21/19.

I still need to address a few items such as a new VBelt for my A/C and I gotta clean the shit out of my A/C compressor and install a few more odds and ends that I have laying around.

Lots of time and money kiddos. Lots of love doe ;)

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
14 months later I actually drove her for 40 minutes....... so much more to complete... from paint correction to paint work to continued uneffing what the previous owner had done.....

..felt good to drive around with a giant penis drawn on the dusty rear window.... ;)

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Was it dirt cheap? Because it seems like you've had to redo the entire car.

I didn't have to do everything, but I didn't trust anything the PO had done or serviced. I have learned a ton of stuff....and NO I didn't know anyone who could steer me in the right direction when I was buying. Just glad to make some great friends in the porsche community who have saved me.

I have accomplished to make this 911 mine. Feels good man :D

...dont forget, this is a 24 year old car...

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Needs lobster claws :D

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion