GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Well, I already messaged Bassman, but I hate to say that I have sold my GTI :(.

I am staying in the family though, and I still do want to have a gathering at our house, but I decided to move on to a bit bigger of a car and bigger of an engine. My wife and I just got us a 2018 S4 :) Pictures to come. It is being cleaned up and some CPO maintenance done (coils, sparks, tires, ceramic coating).

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed

I am staying in the family though, and I still do want to have a gathering at our house, but I decided to move on to a bit bigger of a car and bigger of an engine. My wife and I just got us a 2018 S4 :) Pictures to come. It is being cleaned up and some CPO maintenance done (coils, sparks, tires, ceramic coating).

Are you part of the ATL MK7 group on Facebook by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

Ah geez, someone moved to the rich side of the tracks :D.

Deck is done, time for a houseparty!

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Are you part of the ATL MK7 group on Facebook by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am, haha. Probably know who I am now :p

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Un related to mk 7's except through my paranoia perhaps.... my doorbell rang at 1:45 am., followed by knocks. Both my son and daughter came into my bedroom to tell me someone is at the door. While I assumed it was her boy friend, who can show up at odd hours, it turned out to be my neighbor from across the street. He said that a friend staying with them , apparently stepped out to smoke and noticed someone lurking in our drive way. My drive way is canopied by trees and dark even though there is a street light in front of my house. Anyway she walked along their property saw someone and woke the homeowner. He came out, headed over towards our house. While he saw no one, he heard running through leaves and then someone jump the fence into my yard. Then he rang my bell. Everyone up we went out side and wandered around , let the dog out, but found nobody. We' ve had the occasional car break in around here but this hit home. I have woods behind me which gives easy access. I'm assuming it was someone looking for easy pickings and breaking into cars. My GTI, beetle tdi and Elantra are parked there. I'd just been thinking about that GLI commercial where the guy says " it's a stick"! I'm thinking most likely someone looking for goodies left in the cars. Mine has a dash cam, but it's not hard wired. I'm thinking it will be, soon. Installed a RING doorbell and spotlight at my mother in laws, guess I'll be doing that here as well. My daughter texting her boy friend just told me that a week or so ago, when they found a copperhead in the garage and he didn't want me to decapitate it, he took it out into the woods a ways and saw a tent and campsite set up there. Why he never thought to mention that, I don't know? The woods back up to my subdivision and maybe a 1/4-1/2 mile away an apartment complex. Very dense in spring and summer can't see the lights, but in winter very visable. Anyway this sucks, and I can't sleep. My wife, two dogs ( never barked) taking up the bed, my 19 year old daughter sleeping on the floor. I feel violated. Called the police about 40 min. After the fact, but what can they do , no crime committed. Would like to get them to look into the campsite though. Anyway sorry for rambling on a mk7 sight about urban- almost - crime but needed to vent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Un related to mk 7's except through my paranoia perhaps.... my doorbell rang at 1:45 am., followed by knocks. Both my son and daughter came into my bedroom to tell me someone is at the door. While I assumed it was her boy friend, who can show up at odd hours, it turned out to be my neighbor from across the street. He said that a friend staying with them , apparently stepped out to smoke and noticed someone lurking in our drive way. My drive way is canopied by trees and dark even though there is a street light in front of my house. Anyway she walked along their property saw someone and woke the homeowner. He came out, headed over towards our house. While he saw no one, he heard running through leaves and then someone jump the fence into my yard. Then he rang my bell. Everyone up we went out side and wandered around , let the dog out, but found nobody. We' ve had the occasional car break in around here but this hit home. I have woods behind me which gives easy access. I'm assuming it was someone looking for easy pickings and breaking into cars. My GTI, beetle tdi and Elantra are parked there. I'd just been thinking about that GLI commercial where the guy says " it's a stick"! I'm thinking most likely someone looking for goodies left in the cars. Mine has a dash cam, but it's not hard wired. I'm thinking it will be, soon. Installed a RING doorbell and spotlight at my mother in laws, guess I'll be doing that here as well. My daughter texting her boy friend just told me that a week or so ago, when they found a copperhead in the garage and he didn't want me to decapitate it, he took it out into the woods a ways and saw a tent and campsite set up there. Why he never thought to mention that, I don't know? The woods back up to my subdivision and maybe a 1/4-1/2 mile away an apartment complex. Very dense in spring and summer can't see the lights, but in winter very visable. Anyway this sucks, and I can't sleep. My wife, two dogs ( never barked) taking up the bed, my 19 year old daughter sleeping on the floor. I feel violated. Called the police about 40 min. After the fact, but what can they do , no crime committed. Would like to get them to look into the campsite though. Anyway sorry for rambling on a mk7 sight about urban- almost - crime but needed to vent.

On the bright side your neighbors are proactive and probably prevented any potential crime.

Personally I keep my home pretty well lit at night with exterior lights. I get people turning around in my driveway at all hours of the day and night which is annoying, but being on the corner and fairly bright (compared to my rural setting) would make it easier to be spotted thus less likely target.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Awesome congrats on the upgrade!

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
hey I feel your pain man, last year I left my car unlocked overnight one night after going in it to wash the floormats. Went to go to work the next morning and my leather gloves and the pouch I keep in my glove box (with a rescue knife, flashlight, etc) were missing. We lived on a pretty quiet street but our section had no streetlights for some reason, and we had woods to our right and across, and a vacant house to our left. The motion light was iffy at best so it may have not gone off or just not spooked them. But you know they just went through the neighborhood pulling every door handle. They walked all the way up our driveway and went in the car which was less than 10ft from where we slept. Couldn't sleep that night either. Well we are in a group of duplexes now with plenty of light and I am more vigilant about locking the car after work and after fiddling around with it.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Just a reminder to everyone out there that school is letting out for the summer and kids are going to be restless and mischievious. Most of our auto-breaking calls are where cars were left unlocked and items taken. Most times if the car is locked, they move on to an easier target. Mostly small stuff is taken but I have worked several where laptops, purses, and firearms were taken. Amazing what folks leave in unlocked cars. Security lights, video cameras, and attentive neighbors cut this activity way down. John, if it's any comfort after reading your story, I have put your neighborhood on extra patrol. Hope this helps you rest a bit better at night.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Hey Shorty, thanks. Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head. We'd really appreciate a couple of drive by's . Thanks again. Slept 2 hrs. last night.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Hey Shorty, thanks. Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head. We'd really appreciate a couple of drive by's . Thanks again. Slept 2 hrs. last night.

No prob, I'm in your area all the time and always keep an eye out.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
It was nice meeting the VW owners at Greenville cars and coffee last weekend. Guess I will see you around here....

Was nice to meet you as well !

We do monthly meets with the UECC group which you will find on Facebook.
All European brand cars are welcome [emoji847]

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Welcome, nice to meet you too! Hoping we can all get a drive organized as I have yet to go on a proper group drive (And I haven't hit the Tail of the Dragon since I moved here last year).

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Anyone interested? Kinda far but if we can get a group I might be down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk