GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pacific German | Mk7 GTI Race Car Build Thread

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Stunning work!
When you're pulling those BHP figures, a little extra weight of an interior is nothing while the extra grip/traction is priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
One final remark - have you looked into *fully* paneling the underside of the car?
The difference it made to my Mk7 was incredible in stability and top speed

*fully so far as that it doesnt affect fluid and exhaust temps

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
One final remark - have you looked into *fully* paneling the underside of the car?
The difference it made to my Mk7 was incredible in stability and top speed

*fully so far as that it doesnt affect fluid and exhaust temps

Did you have to fabricate all those pieces top fully cover the underside?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Fyi this is a GSW/estate
All bar one are factory parts

Full engine bay
(Seen above)

Front exhaust tunnel

Mid exhaust tunnel - self made but fully bolted up in 5 places and fitted between the chassis and optional panels
This is 4mm sheet ABS plastic with two wraps of adhesive foil and a sheet of exhaust heat shield layer

The rear:
Mid/rear exhaust tray which is where the exhaust diverts around the fuel tank.
Passat rear subframe undertray.
Lower arm protectors

Massive shout out to GolfDave and his Howto guides

Ohlawd

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are some photos we took of the SuperPro bushing installation.

The front lower control arm with the SuperPro bushings next to their oem parts.

The front lower control arm with the SuperPro bushings installed. Note the caster offset on that rear bushing!

Front control arm installed, bushings look at home.

Rear trailing arm with the SuperPro bushing installed.

Rear front control arm with the SuperPro bushings installed.

The whole rear package with the SuperPro bushings installed and ready to bolt into the car! Rear lower control arm, rear front control arm, trailing arm, and rear upper control arm.

For more information on this kit, visit - SuperPro.com.au

I've been reading up on these LCA bushings. Not sure if the one you have pictured is sitting upside down but wouldn't you want the offset bushing facing inboard in order to increase caster? As it seems, you're actually decreasing caster? I'm probably wrong but I'm very interested in your build thread and a lot of parts you've selected. So any information would be healpful!

vstypicals

Ready to race!
Car(s)
N/A
I'd suggest the 25mm rear bar if you have a stock front bar still, or have relatively stock suspension / wheels / tires.

The 27mm rear bar may be too much for an otherwise stock car.

Could you recommend matching front and rear sway bars for a street/track car for best performance/balance?

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Here are some progress pictures:

Wavetrac Differential back in the transmission.

Setting up end play is a breeze with the factory tool!

Case back together.. Looking at the Wavetrac through a hole underneath the clutch assembly.

Also we figured while the plastic filter housing was off to replace the filter, we may as well upgrade it! We used a USP Motorsports Cool Flow aluminum oil filter housing.

The car is completely different to drive now with the Wavetrac. The way it is driven through corners, or getting onto the power off the line has tremendously improved. We are taking the car to the local track this up coming weekend to get seat time in as a base line for a car with minimal upgrades. Will be doing a few more things this week, and will post pictures as we go.

Hi,

Could you tell me what is the oil that you are using on DSG after installing Wavetrac LSD?

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Hi,

Could you tell me what is the oil that you are using on DSG after installing Wavetrac LSD?

Wavetrac recommends Motul gear oil. Check out their site.

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Wavetrac recommends Motul gear oil. Check out their site.

I know. Wavetrac recommends Motul Gear Oil, as Gear 300. But some companies do not recommends Gear Oil for DSG use.

Example:

Motul Gear 300 SAE 75W90 - 100% Synthetic Ester - 100% synthetic lubricant for all mechanical transmission of high performances and racing cars. For manual, synchronised or not synchronised gearboxes, gearbox/differential, transfer gearboxes and hypoid differentials without limited slip system. Not for use with DSG, S-Tronic, PDK, R-Tronic, E-Gear, Tiptronic, Automatic, Multitronic, CVT Transmissions.

(https://www.goapr.com/products/motul_gear.html).

That's why I'm asking here, trying to find some help, because the Wavetrac recommendation is exactly what other companies tells not to do.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I know. Wavetrac recommends Motul Gear Oil, as Gear 300. But some companies do not recommends Gear Oil for DSG use.

Example:

Motul Gear 300 SAE 75W90 - 100% Synthetic Ester - 100% synthetic lubricant for all mechanical transmission of high performances and racing cars. For manual, synchronised or not synchronised gearboxes, gearbox/differential, transfer gearboxes and hypoid differentials without limited slip system. Not for use with DSG, S-Tronic, PDK, R-Tronic, E-Gear, Tiptronic, Automatic, Multitronic, CVT Transmissions.

(https://www.goapr.com/products/motul_gear.html).

That's why I'm asking here, trying to find some help, because the Wavetrac recommendation is exactly what other companies tells not to do.

Glad you know, here is the specific Oil I've seen other DSG Wavetrac LSD DSG users use during LSD swap. MULTI DCTF

https://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/multi-dctf

Aluizio

Ready to race!
Glad you know, here is the specific Oil I've seen other DSG Wavetrac LSD DSG users use during LSD swap. MULTI DCTF

https://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/multi-dctf

Thank you for your reply. I'll use DCTF.
I'm just trying to figure out why Wavetrac recommends Gear 300 for DSG. As far as I know they are the only company making this recommedation.

Please note that I'm not affirming that it will not work. I just don't know any other company or user that used Gear 300 on a DSG.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I'm just trying to figure out why Wavetrac recommends Gear 300 for DSG. As far as I know they are the only company making this recommedation.

Please note that I'm not affirming that it will not work. I just don't know any other company or user that used Gear 300 on a DSG.

No problem bud! Good luck with your build! I'm installing a Wavetrac LSD currently on my GTI S 6 speed non- PP right now ;)

Pacific German1

Ready to race!

Late reply, but figure I would post up a response to this!

We actually did run the Motul Gear 300 per Autotech's recommendations for a while in the DSG Gti with no issues. Many track days at that.

Eventually when it came for a DSG service time we switched to Torco DCT oil. This is because we also ran Torco engine fluids and wanted everything to match!