GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
What is WITW? Wookiee in the woods? I don’t think I’m invited bc I don’t have a vr6....that’s the rules right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only thing you can't do is the sound off. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun driving with the R32s and the Rs on the dragon.
But yeah, you can pretty much participate in everything but the sound off. That's only reserved for the Rs and the R32s.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I was thinking about checking out euro exp. in savannah this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am there every year! We could do a roll out from Greenville to Savannah if you all want to. I usually catch a few other cars on the road as well.

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
The only thing you can't do is the sound off. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun driving with the R32s and the Rs on the dragon.
But yeah, you can pretty much participate in everything but the sound off. That's only reserved for the Rs and the R32s.

Crazy seeing some of the older golfs there, I remember being a kid and wanting the mark 4 vr6 so bad. Dad let me test drive one but no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
A group of us are going indoor Karting again this Thursday if anyone is interested in joining us. Time isn’t set yet, but we’ll figure that out tomorrow https://www.victorylanekarting.com/

Thats a little far for me, but brings up a great idea! There are 2 or 3 karting places here in Greenville that we could go to for us Upstate folks.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Saw 4 mk7 GTIs in the span of 30 mins coming home from cherrydale today, a slammed night blue, a tornado red with a full load of people, a csg, and amehta's car

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Another meet tonight at Tropical Grille on Woodruff road at 7:15! Parking at Country Boys and then walking in to eat at 7:30.

Hope to see you all there!

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
Spotted a blue GTI on 153 by QT headed towards Easley, a white Golf R trying to race a WRX on 153 right after, around 4:30 and a red GTI taking the woodruff road exit off 385 SB around 20 mins later.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Some years ago I helped to chaperone my kid's school field trip tp the BMW plant in Greer. I couldn't help but notice that the BMW employee parking lot had an unusually high number of GTIs present. :) Nice to know that there are more than a few performance gearheads on the job.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
Years ago ( the 120 series just came out, 2010 maybe) my wife got me a day in the performance driving school. Great experience, drove M3, 650, 128 and more. All autos. Love to do it again. My instructor was German, drove a 2002 and mk5 gti. He had a great job. Lots of pocket rockets in the lot then too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
That must have been a blast johng.wissig!

During our tour of the BMW plant, we passed by the line making X3s and our host asked our group if they knew of the notable changes made to the X3. Nobody responded, so he said that one major change was the elimination of the manual transmission option in the U.S.. Expecting no hands to raise, he then asked, "How many of you chaperones drive manuals?"

All of us raised our hands! Every chaperone was a gearhead Dad. Chagrined, our host just smiled and moved on.