GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 owners in the S.C. upstate ?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
New member here from Abbeville, SC.

Any of you guys having the error message related to the gear shift assembly problem? I've been having it for about 6 months and heard they were going to issue a recall in Jan, but I called Steve White VW yesterday and they sounded clueless. Never had to deal with Steve White VW but looks like I will in the near future. Anyone have any experience with them (good or bad) and would you recommend them or someone else?

Thanks for any input.

Been a customer there since I moved to the upstate some 12 years ago. As far as dealers go, they are very good. Much better than the other close by IMHO. Actually worked there for almost a year delivering parts for them. Great bunch of folks.

Service has had some turnover but there is a core group of advisors and techs that I trust completely. If you're doing warranty work, you'll be well taken care of there. Had a CCTA engine in my old Tiguan that leaked like a sieve (big surprise). They did a complete re-seal and even went to bat for me with VWoA to get the repair good-willed as I was waaaay out of powertrain coverage. Didn't pay a cent.

If you are getting something installed or need some other custom work, tune etc., there are a few other local shops that will take good care of you too. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some recommendations. Others on this sub-forum have had experience with other shops locally too and maybe they'll chime in.

If you need tweaking (not the illegal kind :D), several around that have VCDS and OBD11 tools and experience too.

Stackman1

Been a customer there since I moved to the upstate some 12 years ago. As far as dealers go, they are very good. Much better than the other close by IMHO. Actually worked there for almost a year delivering parts for them. Great bunch of folks.

Service has had some turnover but there is a core group of advisors and techs that I trust completely. If you're doing warranty work, you'll be well taken care of there. Had a CCTA engine in my old Tiguan that leaked like a sieve (big surprise). They did a complete re-seal and even went to bat for me with VWoA to get the repair good-willed as I was waaaay out of powertrain coverage. Didn't pay a cent.

If you are getting something installed or need some other custom work, tune etc., there are a few other local shops that will take good care of you too. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some recommendations. Others on this sub-forum have had experience with other shops locally too and maybe they'll chime in.

If you need tweaking (not the illegal kind :D), several around that have VCDS and OBD11 tools and experience too.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I'm past the 3/36 warranty on mine and if they don't issue the recall, I'll be paying out of pocket for the gear shift assembly fix. As of this past weekend, I now have a coolant leak also, so I'm not real happy at the moment.:mad:

Not looking to do any tweaking. Heck, I'm too old to be driving a GTI anyway.:D Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but this thing is so darn fun to drive. They don't get it. Hahaha

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
New member here from Abbeville, SC.

Any of you guys having the error message related to the gear shift assembly problem? I've been having it for about 6 months and heard they were going to issue a recall in Jan, but I called Steve White VW yesterday and they sounded clueless. Never had to deal with Steve White VW but looks like I will in the near future. Anyone have any experience with them (good or bad) and would you recommend them or someone else?

Thanks for any input.
Bought my '16 SE from there and like any other dealership, their sales dept was great but their service department leaves a lot to be desired. Even with warranty claims they tend to talk down you. From the day I bought my car, I had the rear windshield washer nozzle leak and after changing it out twice I was told that's a "feature" of the car. Also had sunroof frame crack fixed under warranty but ever since I got that fixed there is a rattle coming from the sunroof and every time I ask them to look at it I get some excuse or another. Last time the tech went as far as to tell me that they could possibly have to cut the roof to fix the rattle (no joke). After giving them my business for past three years, I've moved over to Vic Bailey and while I've been only there once, they seem much nicer than advisors at Steve White. On the other hand though, the guys in the parts dept at Steve White are great and super helpful if you're looking to get some DIY maintenance/install done.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I'm past the 3/36 warranty on mine and if they don't issue the recall, I'll be paying out of pocket for the gear shift assembly fix. As of this past weekend, I now have a coolant leak also, so I'm not real happy at the moment.:mad:

Not looking to do any tweaking. Heck, I'm too old to be driving a GTI anyway.:D Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but this thing is so darn fun to drive. They don't get it. Hahaha

Us old guys are misunderstood :D. I get the same thing, especially when I go to meets.

I would think a coolant leak, most likely the water pump/thermostat housing, would be covered under powertrain warranty. 2 local shops that do great work are Vintage Auto in G-ville and Protech in Greer if you need something done outside of warranty.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
It was nice to meet those that made it to the meet on Tuesday!

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Yeah nice to meet you guys as well. I am in for planning a brewery meet or mountain drive some time in the future!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Anyone going to C&C on Saturday?

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
Good possibility since I was driving back home from work. If you saw Grey GTI with white mirror caps, then that was me.

amehta11

Passed Driver's Ed
Two questions
1. Who all will be at Cars and Coffee tomorrow? and
2. Who all are planning on going to WITW in April?