GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

HiroProtagonist2

I'm currently being offer a 2017 Sport DSG in Midnight Blue for $27399.00 w/o taxes. I told them I wanted to get it down to $27000 to be within my budget after I add on taxes, which will be around $800-$900 because I'm registering in Oklahoma.

They won't budge on the $399 processing fee because they say it's already priced so aggressively. Also gave me the spiel about the buyback checks coming in soon, so they'll be able to sell it then.

Is it worth it to not make the deal because of the $399 fee? I think $27000 w/o tax, title registration is a pretty good offer based on what I've been seeing on forums.

Should I take the deal and try to get them to throw in extras like monster matts? I really want the car, but I also want a good deal and I feel like I've offered them one.

Last edited:

HiroProtagonist2

Anyone care to share their 2017 Sport sales contract with me, so I have something to show the dealer and say "I know people are getting better deals, and you're still making money at the $27k I offered"?

tkchan19

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone care to share their 2017 Sport sales contract with me, so I have something to show the dealer and say "I know people are getting better deals, and you're still making money at the $27k I offered"?

Not a sales contract for a 2017 GTI Sport, but I bought my 2016 GTI from Sheehy 6-months ago for their online advertised price, which is represented below.

Virginia Deals for 2017 GTI Sport DSG
*prior to $820 freight, $699 processing fee, tax, title, license, etc
*usually requires financing a certain amount through VW to receive $1,000 rebate

Stolman VW - $22,636
*includes $250 Veterans discount that ends 11/13/2016
http://www.stohlman-vw.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Volkswagen-Golf_GTI-Sport-Tysons_Corner-VA/2867501783

Sheehy VW - $23,151
http://www.sheehyspringfieldvw.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Golf+GTI&trim=Sport+4-Door&normalTransmission=Automatic&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalTransmission-0

HiroProtagonist2

Not a sales contract for a 2017 GTI Sport, but I bought my 2016 GTI from Sheehy 6-months ago for their online advertised price, which is represented below.

Virginia Deals for 2017 GTI Sport DSG
*prior to $820 freight, $699 processing fee, tax, title, license, etc
*usually requires financing a certain amount through VW to receive $1,000 rebate

Stolman VW - $22,636
*includes $250 Veterans discount that ends 11/13/2016
http://www.stohlman-vw.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Volkswagen-Golf_GTI-Sport-Tysons_Corner-VA/2867501783

Sheehy VW - $23,151
http://www.sheehyspringfieldvw.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Golf+GTI&trim=Sport+4-Door&normalTransmission=Automatic&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&saveFacetState=true&lastFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-normalTransmission-0

Thanks, every bit of proof I can get helps. Still, it seems my area has higher prices than everywhere else. Does anyone know if certain regions get the new models later than others? That could explain the increased prices, if they haven't had the cars for that long.

NickC

Ready to race!
Not official yet, I'll check back in once the deed is done, but I should be getting my 2017 GTI S manual for $21,481 w/o taxes. Dealership has a sale plus $1000 loyalty incentive this month.

Also a bit of info for those that don't know, most dealerships offer $500 off if you're a member of the SCCA.

wantone

Ready to race!
Not official yet, I'll check back in once the deed is done, but I should be getting my 2017 GTI S manual for $21,481 w/o taxes. Dealership has a sale plus $1000 loyalty incentive this month.

Also a bit of info for those that don't know, most dealerships offer $500 off if you're a member of the SCCA.

Is that one you ordered? Just looking at your sig. Is that a Kentucky dealer or did you buy from long distance. Seems like a good price.

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
Think I got a pretty solid deal. 2016 Blk/Blk Autobahn, PP, LP GTI with the DSG. Sticker price was around $35k, ended up financing about $30k after gap and TTL. I guess that puts sale price around $29k, after $2,000 down.

vlsi54199

2017 GTI SE Manual price

Hi guys,

New to the forum.. looking to send back my Jetta TDI to VW and eying on GTI SE Manual, White.

So far, the price I got is the following:

MSRP: $31945
Asking: $26550

I offered $25550...rejected

And they didn't want to lower anymore from $26550, $100 maybe.. :( so I walked away.:D. Well, they didn't call me back :eek:

Any suggestions on a good dealer near Philly area?

Many thanks!

vlsi54199

Mind to share which dealer is this? thanks!

Any reccomendations on getting the best deal in the tri state or mid atlantic area? Looking to replace my tdi. So far this is what i got but dealer says with their financing which could mean anything..

GTI S
Sale price: $20,922
Freight: $820
Admin/Processing: $699
Taxes: $1,385
Tags: $395 (2 years)

Total: $24,221

GTI Sport
Sale price: $23,151
Freight: $820
Admin/Processing: $699
Taxes: $1,523
Tags: $395 (2 years)

Total: $26,588

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys,

New to the forum.. looking to send back my Jetta TDI to VW and eying on GTI SE Manual, White.

So far, the price I got is the following:

MSRP: $31945
Asking: $26550

I offered $25550...rejected

And they didn't want to lower anymore from $26550, $100 maybe.. :( so I walked away.:D. Well, they didn't call me back :eek:

Any suggestions on a good dealer near Philly area?

Many thanks!

They are offering $5395.00 off of retail. You are walking because they can't give more? You need to worry more about the fees and other costs over the offered price rather than getting more discount. They didn't call you back because you are not allowing them enough margin.

vlsi54199

They are offering $5395.00 off of retail. You are walking because they can't give more? You need to worry more about the fees and other costs over the offered price rather than getting more discount. They didn't call you back because you are not allowing them enough margin.

Only $135 dealer fee + TTL

Well, one of the threads mentioned a over $6200 discount. Just tried, I lost 10 minutes of time. Nothing else. :D

WildBill1942

I am looking at the Tornado Red Golf Alltrack in the S trim with black interior. Anyone recently purchase/lease one that can tell me their region in the country and deal they worked? Trying to see where my deal is at in comparison.

Right now I have a local dealer with 2 of the exact setup I want locally in Houston, TX. They are MSRP at 28,220 and I have them at 25720 before TT&L. Would use the positive equity in my trade in of a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe over what is left owed on it to pay TT&L and whatever difference given back to me in a check the dealer would cut.

I am being offered purchase at 60 months at 2.3% if not 1.9% depending on the bank with a 740+ credit score. Lease wise, they are doing the $0 down sign and drive with a 36 month, 12K mile per year term, and a residual at 57% of MSRP with the money factor being similar to the financing APR rates listed above.

Thoughts? TIA.