GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Issues

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed anything odd on their MK7.5 DSG.

I have had a weird issue (3 to 4 times now) where I pull onto a road and the transmission seems to "fall out of gear, rev freely" then kicks into gear. (Pulls me forward almost like it falls out of gear then bangs into gear right after.) its done this when pulling out of steep driveway or driving up from an underground parking. I wonder if the steep angles cause this to happen or unbalances anything. My car is entirely stock minus springs.

I was going to tune it tomorrow but might have to wait until this is taken care of and is completely cleared. Anyone else experience this?

Rpt

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Slipping?

Thats does sound like slipping or the TCU is clutching in for some reason. But OP I have never heard of that and its definitely a problem. I recommend taking a video of it then going to the dealer.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn’t tune it. Sounds like you have an issue, do nothing to risk your warranty until you’re positive your issue has been resolved. You don’t want to be forced to eat the cost of that new transmission and it seems that that’d be what you’re risking the moment you tune it.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Agreed. The issue is that it's random.

I will try to replicate it and then go from there.

I had it happen once with my ED TCU tune. But only I believe since I had shifted to neutral at a long red light on a hill. I think it has something to do with the coded slip behavior into first to prevent stalling and jerky starts, combined with the hill assist feature not interacting quite right. Have you adjusted the hill assist from normal to late or early with VCDS or OBD11? Did you shift to neutral while waiting on the hill for a green light?

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
I am certain that I didn't put it into neutral waiting for a light or anything.

Both of the times, the car had already started moving when this occurs. I wonder if it has nothing to do with the DSG fluid levels, the few times I recall the road having some sort of incline.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I am certain that I didn't put it into neutral waiting for a light or anything.

Both of the times, the car had already started moving when this occurs. I wonder if it has nothing to do with the DSG fluid levels, the few times I recall the road having some sort of incline.

Already moving does not match my experience. It only happened for me when starting from a dead stop, or taking my foot off the brake too soon when switching from reverse to first. Get it looked at.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It has happened to my car a few times right after shifting to 3rd at like ~20% throttle. My car had a pedalbox fixed at the time, so I blamed that. Took it off, haven't experienced it since. Also got a DSG flush, but that happened with the pedalbox on, and still experienced it after that, which is why I took the box off. About to go Uni.

HeliDriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed anything odd on their MK7.5 DSG.

I have had a weird issue (3 to 4 times now) where I pull onto a road and the transmission seems to "fall out of gear, rev freely" then kicks into gear. (Pulls me forward almost like it falls out of gear then bangs into gear right after.) its done this when pulling out of steep driveway or driving up from an underground parking. I wonder if the steep angles cause this to happen or unbalances anything. My car is entirely stock minus springs.

I was going to tune it tomorrow but might have to wait until this is taken care of and is completely cleared. Anyone else experience this?

Rpt

PM sent.
It is an issue others are noticing with the 7 Spd. DSG. Only happens when cruising along then putting the pedal to the floor expecting it to go and it falls flat on it's face for a moment before it takes off. Sounds like the limiter kicks in during the downshift. Doesn't matter which shaft/side of the transmission it is shifting to either. I've done a lot of troubleshooting. Dealer tech went out with me and had a WTF face every time I showed him so he took out a new 2018 they had on their lot and it did the same thing so his answer now is it's normal. I'm not buying that. Reported it to VWoC. Just need enough people reporting it to get a fix sooner than later.