GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DCC comfort mode bangs loudly over some bumps

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually have my 2017 GTI Autobahn DCC in sport mode. However, once in awhile I put it in comfort mode. Almost every time I will go over something in the road and the rear will BANG loudly. Seems to be known issue? Is this the bump stop? Anything to worry about? I dont notice any large potholes at all on the road. Its very loud and sounds like I'm breaking something.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Shipping pucks?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Is this a new development or has it been doing this since you bought your car? This is not normal, nor do I think it is a common problem. My DCC suspension does not exhibit this type of behavior.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
See post 2. Take to dealer. Or have a look in the front suspension yourself.

Search “shipping pucks” so that you know what to look for

r12rex

Go Kart Newbie
If said "bump" compresses the suspension enough to hit the bump stop, that's your noise culprit. My Golf R will exhibit this behavior when going over bad expansion joints on the highway. If this occurrence is something that happens over even the smallest of bumps, have it looked over by the dealer. :)

Kind Regards,
Ryan

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
I run my 2016 SE in Comfort mode 90% of the time. I've never noticed anything like this from the rear. If I tag a bad pothole it bangs when it hits the bump stops but that's usually the front. Unless your hitting a pothole every time you notice this noise I'd say this isn't normal.

robertinohio

Passed Driver's Ed
I went back over the road and noticed a small pot hole. It was hard to see. So I must have hit it. However, its strange I've never heard that bang except when I'm in comfort mode; and I'm sure I have hit pot holes in normal and sport mode. Guessing the suspension is more sensitive to road drops in comfort mode. I'll get it checked out if it keeps happening. Thanks for the feedback.