GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Really bad paint issue on new VW GTI

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Dealer probably purposely had the car in the certain lighting to hide the issue. Thinking someone might not care.

We use to do that all the time with used cars. But I gave that up years ago guys. Sorry it's the business practices, not the employees. They put a bonus on a car to try and have employees push it as is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

scott5626

Dealer probably purposely had the car in the certain lighting to hide the issue. Thinking someone might not care.

We use to do that all the time with used cars. But I gave that up years ago guys. Sorry it's the business practices, not the employees. They put a bonus on a car to try and have employees push it as is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If it were used I wouldn’t care as much.

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
That's terrible ... sorry for what you have gone through. As for water spots that are under the clear ... I have heard they use a heat gun to get them out? That is what the dealer told me they do.

scott5626

That's terrible ... sorry for what you have gone through. As for water spots that are under the clear ... I have heard they use a heat gun to get them out? That is what the dealer told me they do.

Thanks I just really want this resolved. It’s difficult to enjoy the new car with this hanging overhead.

scott5626

The car is now with the body shop. They are going to attempt to buff it out. Hopefully it works. If not I’m going to have to try to persuade them to exchange my vehicle. I don’t think I want a non factory paint job on this new car.

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
The car is now with the body shop. They are going to attempt to buff it out. Hopefully it works. If not I’m going to have to try to persuade them to exchange my vehicle. I don’t think I want a non factory paint job on this new car.

Hell no you don't. Just go to another dealer and also go to a different body shop to get their opinion on the paint. No persuading, demanding is how you need to be

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

scott5626

Volkswagen called me. They we’re privy to the situation. Short apologetic call, but with no update. They are supposed to follow up tomorrow after the body shop has an opportunity to fix the paint.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Volkswagen called me. They we’re privy to the situation. Short apologetic call, but with no update. They are supposed to follow up tomorrow after the body shop has an opportunity to fix the paint.

Stick up for yourself if you are not 100% satisfied, and as you were advised earlier, open a case with VWoA. Just because they called you doesn’t necessarily mean a case has been opened. They would love to keep everything minimally documented. Don’t let them off the hook.

scott5626

Stick up for yourself if you are not 100% satisfied, and as you were advised earlier, open a case with VWoA. Just because they called you doesn’t necessarily mean a case has been opened. They would love to keep everything minimally documented. Don’t let them off the hook.

I did open a case. Don’t worry, if the buff is unsuccessful they’ll be dealing with the Hulk. ?

scott5626

The car is supposed to be finished tomorrow afternoon. �� hope it looks right. Volkswagen called today. That was a joke. Fast talking non listener.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The car is supposed to be finished tomorrow afternoon. �� hope it looks right. Volkswagen called today. That was a joke. Fast talking non listener.

Half the time the VWoA rep contacts me about my car, they only know half the story. That or they say there were no issues when I then have to inform them of the issues found. Fun stuff.