GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
FastLax and myself will be heading to GLD tonight if any of you local Rs want to meet up.

I just ordered new street tires so I'm down next week.. I can make a few passes in street trim before i run the new wheels/brakes

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Well gents, my 60's very much improved. Not sure if it was because it was warmer, the haldex tune or the updates on the dsg and engine tune.

I managed a couple 1.73s when best before was 1.8s.

Best time
12.031 @ 113.13mph on the 1.731 60' The air was not as good as when I ran 12.1s and Fastlax was down .1 from last time. That tells me the car is def. making more power somewhere.

Interesting enough my 1/8 mph was slower than last time but I turned a better ET. At the 1/4 both ET and mph were better. So top end def. picked up compared to old tune.

At the end of the day, I was STILL spinning though. My best method came from launching in the burnout box and cleaning/heating the tires up a bit where I got practically zero spin. But when I got to the line it would still spin a bit. I had to launch around 3000 and ease into it. If I could do a real launch and stay in in the pedal I would say this car has 1.6 60's and 11.8s in it.

Hardcore VW

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it possible that your launch from the burnout box, the front tires are a little wet and slip enough to activate the haldex better than after you've done that and get a worse launch? This is my theory that I haven't had a chance to test at the track yet, but to me it makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure I worded that right, but it's similar to what I've experienced.

Well gents, my 60's very much improved. Not sure if it was because it was warmer, the haldex tune or the updates on the dsg and engine tune.

I managed a couple 1.73s when best before was 1.8s.

Best time
12.031 @ 113.13mph on the 1.731 60' The air was not as good as when I ran 12.1s and Fastlax was down .1 from last time. That tells me the car is def. making more power somewhere.

Interesting enough my 1/8 mph was slower than last time but I turned a better ET. At the 1/4 both ET and mph were better. So top end def. picked up compared to old tune.

At the end of the day, I was STILL spinning though. My best method came from launching in the burnout box and cleaning/heating the tires up a bit where I got practically zero spin. But when I got to the line it would still spin a bit. I had to launch around 3000 and ease into it. If I could do a real launch and stay in in the pedal I would say this car has 1.6 60's and 11.8s in it.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Ugggh I was hoping not to hear that. wtf
thanks for the reply though
It's not a light change in coding I'm sure, or a change you make often, but I'd check with um to see if that's still the only way. Not many tuners even offer it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It's not a light change in coding I'm sure, or a change you make often, but I'd check with um to see if that's still the only way. Not many tuners even offer it.

Golf R and S3 user adjustable launch and NLS(for the manual guys) is coming in the next couple weeks.. It is already out for the GTI and A3. I believe it's a $200 upgrade

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Golf R and S3 user adjustable launch and NLS(for the manual guys) is coming in the next couple weeks.. It is already out for the GTI and A3. I believe it's a $200 upgrade
User adjustable via...what? UM tunes by OBD2, so we'd need to buy a cable? Are you letting an unreleased cat out of the bag again? Haha

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
User adjustable via...what? UM tunes by OBD2, so we'd need to buy a cable? Are you letting an unreleased cat out of the bag again? Haha

Yes, you need the UM cable to do it.. It's definitely out, only a few dealers made the announcement.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Is it possible that your launch from the burnout box, the front tires are a little wet and slip enough to activate the haldex better than after you've done that and get a worse launch? This is my theory that I haven't had a chance to test at the track yet, but to me it makes a lot of sense. I'm not sure I worded that right, but it's similar to what I've experienced.

I go around the water box. Without cleaning off the tires I only get 1.8-1.9s.

How do you change it and by what increments? (I understand it's UM and adjustable)

Yes, you need the UM cable to do it.. It's definitely out, only a few dealers made the announcement.

This is what I heard as well. You need their cable.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Would you say you feel the rhythm or the rhyme more now? :D

HAHA!!!

I can feel the difference when basic driving as the cars power comes more from the rear a bit more. On hard turns at a faster speed the S3 is a slouch before the tune but now I feel much more confident with the traction in the car when having some fun. You can really push the car with the haldex tune and I have 100% stock suspension.

Launching is a different story.. When doing the full DSG launch, it knocks you back in the seat and truly feels like it comes from behind.

For $600 I would recommend this to anyone curious. I ended up getting the triple UM tune for $1,750 including tax so not bad.