GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2 vs Audi S5

Tico63

Ready to race!
Cool short story I know.

I saw a clean black S5 riding my bumper in a little bit of traffic. Then I let him pass and got on his bumper. I hear him go full throttle because of his exhaust, I proceeded to go WOT as well, within 3-4 seconds I had to hit the brakes because of how quickly I reeled him in. My thought process was there was no way he went full throttle. So we lined up and at about 45mph we went on 3 honks. I beat him by about 2 cars maybe a little less.

At the light he says "that thing is quick!!" I told him I was Stage 2 and he said he was stock besides exhaust.

A very clean 2016 S5, maybe this result was to be expected from some, but I'd never raced one.

Cool dude. Good race.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
nice kill, yea those things are heavy. good thing he wasnt salty about losing. a stock b9 s5 might have been a better match

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
A stock B9 S5 might be a better match up for sure

But even then ... the new 3.0 v6 turbo is rated at 354 at the crank. Probably puts down 300ish whp and it's still weighing 4000lbs

A stage 2 GTI should walk away

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
A stock B9 S5 might be a better match up for sure

But even then ... the new 3.0 v6 turbo is rated at 354 at the crank. Probably puts down 300ish whp and it's still weighing 4000lbs

A stage 2 GTI should walk away

did you just assume a VAG correctly rates their car's power? at the crank too? lol

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
did you just assume a VAG correctly rates their car's power? at the crank too? lol

I know they underrate them! So they could def dyno more since they actually put out more at the crank.
BUT....
The thing still weights 4000lbs. Almost 1000lbs more than the GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
What's faster and Audi S5 or Audi RS5? I beat an RS5.... LOL

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
What's faster and Audi S5 or Audi RS5? I beat an RS5.... LOL

The new RS5 would be faster with the 2.9L V6 twin-turbo (rated at 444hp according to VW/Audi).

Which generation or year did you race?

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Good kill OP. My friend had a tuned S4 (2011 model) and that thing moved, but it was pretty heavy still

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
So he told you he was 100% going for it all the whole time? It's amazing the in depth conversations you have with all of these competitors

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
The new RS5 would be faster with the 2.9L V6 twin-turbo (rated at 444hp according to VW/Audi).

Which generation or year did you race?

I raced like a 2013 model year, I believe it's the V8? They only trap at 110mph.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I raced like a 2013 model year, I believe it's the V8? They only trap at 110mph.

Oh ok ya it’s the 4.2L V8 (rev happy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
That's also the motor that loses like 30-40whp due to carbon buildup from DI.

Audi's fault, not my fault they get slower. LOL

Trainingwheels

Passed Driver's Ed
So he told you he was 100% going for it all the whole time? It's amazing the in depth conversations you have with all of these competitors

HAHA right I was thinking the same thing. People just give me the finger or wave that's about it.