GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hot hatch offered w/ DSG?

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Yep - fully aware that the DSG is the ''DCT'' version for Audi/VW. Other manufactures have their own versions of ''DCT''

The CLA45 isn't a ''hot hatch''.
I didn't know that the Veloster Turbo had a DCT transmission. Thanks!
The GTI / Competition is the Veloster N for 2019, however, it only comes in a 6 speed stick.

Very limited ''DCT'' options in the hot hatch segment.

Agreed! However, for family and wifey use, I find the whole hot hatch with a DCT option very appealing. Just looking at other options for 2nd car

I mentioned the CLA45 since it is a "competitor". I guess the hot hatch would be the GLA... but is that a crossover? Hatch? At this point with how low some of these crossovers sit... is there even a difference? lol

Anyways... interesting tidbit... DCTs are more popular in Europe than in the US. There was a pretty interesting article from a while back on Lubrizol's website about how it was easier to transition production from manual tranmissions to DCTs as opposed to planetary gear automatics to DCTs due to machinery not being able to be reworked.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
The DSG is a big reason I bought my GTI. I wasn't able to get a 6mt for a few reasons, yes I can drive stick lol. But that's the biggest difference. You can tune the engine but you can't really change a transmission from planetary gear to DSG. Honda doesn't offer a hot hatch with one, neither does Subaru, Ford, or any other hot hatch competitor. It's a nice advantage that VW holds.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
The DSG is a big reason I bought my GTI. I wasn't able to get a 6mt for a few reasons, yes I can drive stick lol. But that's the biggest difference. You can tune the engine but you can't really change a transmission from planetary gear to DSG. Honda doesn't offer a hot hatch with one, neither does Subaru, Ford, or any other hot hatch competitor. It's a nice advantage that VW holds.

Agreed! Same here, I needed something fun, in the hot hatch category that I can modify but with a "performance oriented" auto transmission.

This was the only option and a good one at that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't disagree. I wish Audi hadn't stopped selling the A3 hatch. Not like I would have paid for one over a GTI anyways but still.

I tried to buy a late model, low mileage, AWD CPO one with all options back in 2009. I couldn't find one that wasn't from a snowy area.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Seat Lean Cupra (DSG)
BMW 135i (DCT)

But the Golf is still better built than both the above.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They compete with Audi RS, not necessarily VW.

Although, certainly one should look closely at all these options.

I priced one with the options I wanted, every performance and comfort option, no exterior options like spoilers and body parts - $65K list. I couldn't see spending another $25K, and they hard as hell to find.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
As far as hatches Golf's are still the fastest out there. We are faster than MS3, Focus ST, what other hatches do we smoke mod for mod? Only hatches that can beat us are our very own Golf R big brother and Focus RS's.

tknj99

Ready to race!
As far as hatches Golf's are still the fastest out there. We are faster than MS3, Focus ST, what other hatches do we smoke mod for mod? Only hatches that can beat us are our very own Golf R big brother and Focus RS's.

and now the Civic Type R and possibly new turbo Accord

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
and now the Civic Type R and possibly new turbo Accord

Fuck No. Civic Type R's are slow man. I haven't raced a modded one, but after I ran one I was NOT impressed

Junebugz_GTI10

Ready to race!
The 2019 Veloster Turbo does not get much attention but the new model year will have increased horsepower, new body style, and be built under Hyundai's new "N" division. It might surprise alot of folks...

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
The 2019 Veloster Turbo does not get much attention but the new model year will have increased horsepower, new body style, and be built under Hyundai's new "N" division. It might surprise alot of folks...

Bring 'em on.... ready to gap them as well! LOL

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!