GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To Flap Or Not To Flap

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Definitely won't do colored.

I'm thinking I'm going to give Rally Armor a try with black and either red or grey logo. I like that they install without any added holes even in the liner and the metal bracket seems nice.

Figure if I don't like the look I'll take them off in the spring and reassess.

Haven't ordered them yet though....so could still change my mind, haha. Figure I have a month before the snow hits. Hopefully.

Then again I just spent $1300 for my first ever set of snow tires & wheels.....so chances are it won't snow at all this winter now.

I installed front and rear in about ten minutes with the rockblokz kit, didn't take off the rear wheels like they said to because I have a small screwdriver :p they also have a third screw to go through the liner on the rear but it's really not needed. I never used them and nothing happened

slide13

Ready to race!
I installed front and rear in about ten minutes with the rockblokz kit, didn't take off the rear wheels like they said to because I have a small screwdriver :p they also have a third screw to go through the liner on the rear but it's really not needed. I never used them and nothing happened

This is good info....I was wondering if it was possible to skip that liner mount. Thanks for the feedback!

slide13

Ready to race!
Okay....trigger has been pulled....Rally Armor flaps ordered, black with grey logo (trying to keep them as low key as possible). Hoping they arrive before the weekend and then I can install them over the weekend and I'll post up photos.

Hoping I like them, either way they'll stay on through the Wisconsin winter to protect it for it's first one, then I can reevaluate if I want to keep them on come spring. Figure for $150 it'll be worth trying and protecting the paint for it's first winter since I'm still pretty protective of my first ever new car.

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
rblokz ordered cause of their 10% sale going on. Really needed them cause winter is coming and I drive 60 miles work/home. Not sure if I will like the look but protecting my 6k miles White GTI is important. Got the black with white logo btw.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Jesus. Totally read the title of this thread wrong. Was expecting something totally different. Carry on

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Jesus. Totally read the title of this thread wrong. Was expecting something totally different. Carry on

A flap a day keeps the prostate OK.

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Flap it like it's Hawt, Flap it like it's Hawt!

In my opinion OEM flaps look good and non obtrusive.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My OEM flaps (came installed on the car, late June build) fit perfectly.

I think I may remember what it was now. I think that people were ordering Golf flaps for their GTI, or vice versa, and the two have distinct differences, so they didn't fit properly. Each model has its own design.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I skipped the flaps on my Mk6 and wound up fighting to keep road tar off the rockers and rear bumper. I have OEM flaps on my Mk7 and couldn't be happier. They fit well and seem to blend-in good, too. :)

I've considered flaps for road construction reasons since I don't really get the winter stuff down here (PA was a different story). Construction and its debris is pretty much constant. I'd probably go with an RA or RB though since they don't touch the paint in any way.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I live in so cal, so no snow or anything like that around here. From the dealer I elected no flaps but after 2 weeks of ownership, I noticed my rear quarter panels get a lot of dirt thrown up on them so I think I’m gonna go oem flaps. If the car had more of a rally heritage I would’ve gone full flaps that stick out lol.