GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTD - DTUK Pedal Box fitted

s7wag

Ready to race!
I fitted the Pedal Box this morning to my GTD. Easy fit by pulling out the lower drivers side glove box, identify the connector at the very top of the pedal assembly with 'red' clip, slide up the clip and slide off the connector. Install connector from Pedal Box loom and then original connector to the loom, add in a plastic tie to hold things in place, and then loop the Pedal Box controller over existing cable loom and up into the glove box. Turn on ignition and set to 1+1, fire it up to make sure all works, then add velcro tabs to hold the controller in place and re-fit the glove box, job done...now go play! all sits perfectly in the lower small glove box to the right of the driver with quick access to change settings it required! P1 - Sport - increases throttle response initially by 16%; P2 - Sport Plus - quick start, rapid acceleration or overtaking; P3 - City Mode - low speed torque in traffic - all have +1,2,3 to increase the response of the accelerator...so I'll be testing P1 to start with as this sounds like the most obvious choice too...

http://postimg.org/gallery/1ucpvtch0/

Exonian1

Passed Driver's Ed
I can never remember what setting is what so I leave mine with the red light showing and a couple of orange! I think so anyway!

The only thing I will say is that when I switch it off for dealer visits the car feels horrible to drive.
Best money you can spend on a Golf.

Blharry

Passed Driver's Ed
Please keep us updated waggers! I'm very interested in getting one of these but would like to see how others get along with this first

s7wag

Ready to race!
OMG, what a relevation! I don't know how it does it but this thing just transforms the accelerator response times. Near immediate power, no lag, and the cars on song..I wouldn't have believed it. It was damp this morning and I was out so tried setting 2 (Sport Plus) with no adjustments and the thing is just spinning the wheels on any touch of the throttle..so backed it back down to P1. Basically you now have minimal touch/movement on the throttle to provide a full throttle response. You can use this without the tuning box and I tell you there will be a smile on your face. Tranforms into a totally different car, no lag, pause for overtaking, absolutely amazing...I wished I'd discovered this piece of technology sooner! I'll be getting one for the 'beast' and my TT...£150 well spent...even for you guys with a lease/company car...do it! :)

Last edited:

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Just took delivery of a Golf TDI, ordered mine with a manual 6 speed.

I see most of you are in the UK and seem to be ahead of USA in terms of availability of TDI tuning. Anyone have experience bumping power on a TDI with a manual gearbox? Clutch held up OK? Assuming most are getting TDI's with DSG, it was actually difficult to locate a car here with TDI and a stick.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Mines a manual as was my previous Golf Mk5 140 GTD and my TT is also the PD170 manual too. All have been fine for me. The TT had the Revo re-map five years ago and it transformed the car completely - smoother, quicker response and improved mpg. My Mk5 had the Revo and Milltek Sport Exhaust fitted (up to 209hp from 140hp standard) after 1000 miles and I ran for 120,000 miles in 3 years with no issues at all. Again depends if you're a complete nutter driving or you enjoy the extra torque and power for effortless overtaking, smoother running and then the extra mpg, you'll be fine! Drive it hard and standard or not it will probably break at some point. Uprated clutches are available for stage 1 and stage 2 if you want to go that route, track days etc. ...but I see you've got your M3 for proper fun :) ..see my note on the PedalBox - try that first! be approx $200 but worth it

Last edited: