GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Park Assist Module Cannot be coded

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., still working on getting the parts sorted out, labelling/verifying the wiring harnesses connections and having the sensors painted with matching paint.

One question i have is how is the 2 wire hanesses (to the engine compartment and rear bumper) fished through the rubber gormet/boot.

I have the huge 8 pin socket (pictured below) already attached., wondering if this needs be removed for fishing the wires outside.

PDC Connection socket.jpg

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., still working on getting the parts sorted out, labelling/verifying the wiring harnesses connections and having the sensors painted with matching paint.

One question i have is how is the 2 wire hanesses (to the engine compartment and rear bumper) fished through the rubber gormet/boot.

I have the huge 8 pin socket (pictured below) already attached., wondering if this needs be removed for fishing the wires outside.

View attachment 25604
I did not remove it, it fit in the hole just fine, the other side should be without a connector( at least mine was) so you can pull it from the engine bay to the inside.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Carolco

Passed Driver's Ed
Codification PLA in 13 ACC module

Hi everybody.

Anyone know what is the ultrasonic sound sensor in byte 3, bits 0-2. In Arteon is coded like parallel parking assistante when is PLA 3.0 and Parking aid when is PLA 2.0. In golf Gtd facelift 2018 is coded like not instaled with PLA 3.0.

Thanks.
Trying to retrofit PLA 3.0 in golf 1.4 tsi 2018 with parking aid. 8 sensors from origin.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everybody.

Anyone know what is the ultrasonic sound sensor in byte 3, bits 0-2. In Arteon is coded like parallel parking assistante when is PLA 3.0 and Parking aid when is PLA 2.0. In golf Gtd facelift 2018 is coded like not instaled with PLA 3.0.

Thanks.
Trying to retrofit PLA 3.0 in golf 1.4 tsi 2018 with parking aid. 8 sensors from origin.

----------------------------------------------

You may have to look for the PLA 3.0 specific information., the discussion above is for PLA 2.0.

In order to answer some of your questions :
Ultra Sonic Sound Sensor : is the PDC / PDA sensors that goes on the bumper.
8 Sensors (4 front + 4 Rear) is PDC.
12 Sensors (PDC + 4 additional sensors going on the wheel arches) makes it a PLA ver 2.0 or PLA Ver 3.0

The only difference between PLA 2.0 and PLA 3.0 is 3 supports much later models with color MFD display, ABS module and advanced parking algorithm with diagonal parking capability.

There may be PLA3.0 retrofit info available in other forums like vwvortex, ross-tech or from the user as well. Will share it if i come across.

Also check this one - https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9270521-PLA-3-0-Golf-7-Help

Thanks,
Ravi.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
2 Questions about this retrofit :

1. Position where PLA/PDC Controller module mounts. - I am looking at a existing bracket to hold the controller module right behind/around the BCM Module, but dont see one.

Can someone share where this gets mounted ? I am thinking that i will need a separate bracket to mount it., or just tape or wiretag it secure ?

2. Power the controller : Per wirediagram, the power cable goes to SC38 on the fusebox, but removing the fuse panel is PITA. Any other options from coupling point ?

Options : Add a Fuse to tap the power from the front of the fuse panel.
Splice from SC32 (headlight switch connector) for switched 12v power.

Please advise.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
2 Questions about this retrofit :

1. Position where PLA/PDC Controller module mounts. - I am looking at a existing bracket to hold the controller module right behind/around the BCM Module, but dont see one.

Can someone share where this gets mounted ? I am thinking that i will need a separate bracket to mount it., or just tape or wiretag it secure ?

2. Power the controller : Per wirediagram, the power cable goes to SC38 on the fusebox, but removing the fuse panel is PITA. Any other options from coupling point ?

Options : Add a Fuse to tap the power from the front of the fuse panel.

Splice from SC32 (headlight switch connector) for switched 12v power.

Please advise.
This bracket wont be there if you did not have park assist from factory, Mine was ziptied to the BCM And worked perfectly but at the end i ordered the bracket.

As for power, use a fuse tap, makes your job so much easier.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., i think this what i found from the dealer, i think its still the same but upgraded from A to F.

Attachments

• pla_bracket.jpg
    pla_bracket.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 230

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks., i think this what i found from the dealer, i think its still the same but upgraded from A to F.
When I ordered from a VW Dealer, I ordered the F one and they checked my VIN And told me its not the right one for my car, so please make sure it will be compatible with your car.