GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
So I've been running a JB4 with MAP1 for awhile with no mods other than an aFe dry filter. I installed a CTS catted downpipe tonight and switched to MAP2. I've been running 93 the whole time, so I could have probably been using MAP2, but I just always left it on MAP1 since I didn't have anything done.

Ready to dive in to MAP6. Need to pull some logs first, any other useful info I need for this process though?

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
So I've been running a JB4 with MAP1 for awhile with no mods other than an aFe dry filter. I installed a CTS catted downpipe tonight and switched to MAP2. I've been running 93 the whole time, so I could have probably been using MAP2, but I just always left it on MAP1 since I didn't have anything done.

Ready to dive in to MAP6. Need to pull some logs first, any other useful info I need for this process though?
If you have e85 available, put in 3 gals with the rest 93.
Set to Map 2, and do a pull in third gear, from as low rpm as possible, and run all the way through 3rd and a little into 4th before letting off.
You should also do 3+ pulls like that, in case you have random timing pull, to make sure its not consistent.

Mk7_Harare

Passed Driver's Ed

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
I have a JB4 running Map 1 and want to get a good log to evaluate my overall system health.
I just can't find a good reasonable place to go do 30-90. I live in Denver and traffic is insane.

And I don't want to go to jail trying to get a data log. Is there another way I can log without going to 5500 RPMS in 3rd?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I have a JB4 running Map 1 and want to get a good log to evaluate my overall system health.
I just can't find a good reasonable place to go do 30-90. I live in Denver and traffic is insane.

And I don't want to go to jail trying to get a data log. Is there another way I can log without going to 5500 RPMS in 3rd?

I wouldn't really worry about logging if you're just sticking to map 1. BMS intended it to be a safe OTS map.

BUT if you do want to log....

It's just tough depending on your location. I live in a hub in Southern California, so roads are almost never fully empty either.

What I usually did to get logs is head out, go to a stretch of road where I know there's enough space, go through it and scout to make sure there are no cops or potential hazards. Then I'd run the log.

Roads are most quiet when it's extremely early in the morning on weekends and late at night on Sundays or weeknights. Running logs past midnight wasn't unusual, and even then, my outings weren't always successful if I felt uneasy due to other cars or just paranoia of a cop showing up from behind.

If you absolutely don't feel comfortable doing this on the road (totally understandable), you can see if there are local dynos or drag strips. At a drag strip, you can make logging a 3rd gear pull your goal instead of paying attention to the slips. Of course, then you'd have to consider the cost of these...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ccbird

Ready to race!
If you can find an onramp to the highway that is relatively flat, that works. Maybe even find a dead spot of highway during times suggested above and pull off and then accelerate back onto the highway.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
https://datazap.me/u/toothofwar/map-2-logs?log=0&data=1-2-4-11-18

https://datazap.me/u/toothofwar/map-2-logs?log=1&data=1-2-4-11-18

So i finally figured out how to log and load to datazap. If i have done something wrong please let me know. This is 2 map 2 pulls. The only thing i have done to the car is the snow guard delete and a ecs stage 2 performance clutch. Ambient temp is 59F. i am ready for some map 6 tuning, just don't know where to start. Thanks in advance.

Where did all the boost go over 5500 rpm in 4th gear on the first log. :confused: For some reason the ECU requested less boost.

Last edited: