GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune or Other mods (Springs, Shifter) 6mt

MikeMK7

Ready to race!
I've had the car for almost 3 years 25k miles and I haven't tuned it, I strongly desire the tune but am afraid of reliability afterwards and clutch slip. I've talked to Stratified about a clutch saving tune but I know the stock clutch can barely handle JB1 power. Almost went and bought the tune but then I realized I should probably do other mods instead such as APR springs and a new shifter, tires/wheels, to improve handling and what not.
I already have intake, apr dp, CSS Muffler, TIP, and boomba short shifter adapter.
Im not one to race my car I never have even went wide open throttle in 4th gear. 1st - 3rd get most of the abuse. Never launched. Really looking to tune only for at most 300 hp. I just need better throttle sensitivity for daily driving.

Should I bite the bullet and tune or should I buy more non-hp mods such as springs, shifter etc.?

Alot of people say after they tune that they wish they would have done it sooner but I believe those were DSG owners

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
You could tune, and start saving for a clutch? It's not like you will need a new clutch the same day, shopdap always says stage 2 and no clutch? All the other mods would be fun as well[emoji1745][emoji16]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
My current philosophy is to do safe, reversible mods while the car still has a warranty. Not in a place to pay up if something goes wrong drivetrain wise, tune related or not. I would do wheels and tires first if you want a noticeable improvement in performance. If you do springs you should get dampers suited for them as well at the same time, but still do that after tires. You could also try to pick up a used neuspeed power module or dinantronics tuner if you really want a quick bump in power that's also reversible.