GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 V2 Journal 10.4 @ 131 mph

importrx7

Ready to race!
Dont forget these turbos come potted to match the gasket for slightly better flow and coated to help keep engine bay temps down.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Glad I could be part of the journey, its been one hell of a ride but we did it Dan!

Dan@DBV2

Glad I could be part of the journey, its been one hell of a ride but we did it Dan!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K9e__fbEAtlsmvV1R6L5UPvxTtFibLlgcP9B7qrjv9U/edit#gid=0

You, Matt, and I have worked an insane amount for this! Congrats!

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
nice work! very impressive. I'm blown away these motors can take >500whp on basically stock everything motor and trans

It's a gamble for sure. I know too many people with blown or hurt motors making a decent amount less power then this. Limiting torque and having full boost hit higher in the rev range can help but still taking a chance.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Hey guys I was racing an BMW and a YUUUGE cloud of white smoke blew behind my car, and I do mean a smokescreen level 100 cloud of smoke covering the entire street behind me. I thought for sure I had blown this DBV2 v2 turbo, I had the car towed to my house and everything.
Dan at DBV2 has been seriously great, the service and support before and after the purchase has been nothing but stellar, top notch.
It turns out after talking with Dan and Luis at LT Motorsports that a good amount of oil had likely gotten past the PCV valve and went into the turbo. Dan suggested a new PCV system, one that's used on the audi B9 A4. So I cleaned the turbo wheels with brake cleaner and installed the new PCV and the car has been flawless since. The turbo is as strong as ever, I run 30 psi boost on E85.
Thanks again Dan for your continued help and support, love the turbo and fueling setup man...

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Hey guys I was racing an BMW and a YUUUGE cloud of white smoke blew behind my car, and I do mean a smokescreen level 100 cloud of smoke covering the entire street behind me. I thought for sure I had blown this DBV2 v2 turbo, I had the car towed to my house and everything.
Dan at DBV2 has been seriously great, the service and support before and after the purchase has been nothing but stellar, top notch.
It turns out after talking with Dan and Luis at LT Motorsports that a good amount of oil had likely gotten past the PCV valve and went into the turbo. Dan suggested a new PCV system, one that's used on the audi B9 A4. So I cleaned the turbo wheels with brake cleaner and installed the new PCV and the car has been flawless since. The turbo is as strong as ever, I run 30 psi boost on E85.
Thanks again Dan for your continued help and support, love the turbo and fueling setup man...

Take a picture of the compressor and send it to Daniel if you haven't already.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Take a picture of the compressor and send it to Daniel if you haven't already.

I sent him a pic of the hot side not the cold side. This was 7 weeks ago when it happened. Seems to be okay, I daily it so we'll see.

Mars1

Ready to race!
I also blew the huge white smoke cloud with my EQT;) Installed a Spulen PVC plate and no more smoke clouds.

A guy here did too with an IS20 at the drag strip. His turbo is still running strong, it holds the IS20 1/4 mile record I believe. Maybe it's not an uncommon thing.

Dan@DBV2

Its my pleasure as always!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
The guys who circuit race get the billowing white smoke all the time. Need a catch can setup that replaces the PCV system. I know Ed at EQT recommends the USP one.