GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dinantronics Performance Tuner

AShea

I have a used Dinantronics Performance Tuner for sale. The unit works with the VW 1.8T and 2.0T engine from 2015+. Coupled with the Dinan D-Sport app you have the ability to use Bluetooth to switch between valet/stock/sport/sport+/race programs.

$140 shipped.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Will it work with a 1.8T Beetle manufactured at the end of 2014? (counts as a 2015 model)
Also, how exactly is it installed?

I assume the Beetle has the same 1.8T as the Golf so it should be compatible. If not you can run it on your GTI :D
You connect it to the stock MAP and boost sensor. Control is via Dinan D-Sport app. All it does is increase boost pressure +2 +3 +4 for Sport, Sport+ and Race. MAP sensor was super easy, boost sensor took longer since I had to jack it up and the clip was hard to get off (had to use a pick to pull up the locking tab).
App has a couple vehicles to select from; I assume the only difference is the hardware plugs and voltage for the different make/models. Use "Audi/VW VGA". Selecting different mode is easy, just select and it'll light up. There is a "Boost" reader but Im not sure if it automatically returns it to "Stock" PSI. You would assume that your setting would stay lit but it does not. TBH I never really bothered testing.
Worth it? At this price yes. "Race" recommends 93+ octane if you have access. Definitely noticeable.

Attachments

• IMG_5493.jpg
    IMG_5493.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_5495.jpg
    IMG_5495.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 204

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I assume the Beetle has the same 1.8T as the Golf so it should be compatible. If not you can run it on your GTI :D
You connect it to the stock MAP and boost sensor. Control is via Dinan D-Sport app. All it does is increase boost pressure +2 +3 +4 for Sport, Sport+ and Race. MAP sensor was super easy, boost sensor took longer since I had to jack it up and the clip was hard to get off (had to use a pick to pull up the locking tab).
App has a couple vehicles to select from; I assume the only difference is the hardware plugs and voltage for the different make/models. Use "Audi/VW VGA". Selecting different mode is easy, just select and it'll light up. There is a "Boost" reader but Im not sure if it automatically returns it to "Stock" PSI. You would assume that your setting would stay lit but it does not. TBH I never really bothered testing.
Worth it? At this price yes. "Race" recommends 93+ octane if you have access. Definitely noticeable.

Man, you were born to be a salesman. :)

I'll sleep on it. Don't need it for the GTI, but it may be a nice addition to the wife's Beetle -- that thing is a sloth.