GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

krh7

Just picked up a 2017 Autobahn 6M with PP, LP, DAP and 34k miles for 18.9k. After all fees and taxes (9.25%) it ended up being 21k. One owner, clean Carfax, and damn near flawless.

I feel like I got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great deal. Around me, that would be a price for a car with an accident history. What color?

jstnstr

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealer near me has a '19 SE in the exact spec I want. MSRP of $34,395 and negotiated sale price of $31,600. This calculates to about 8% off MSRP which I believe is below invoice. He stated there are no incentives for leases currently, and I do want lease. Is that correct that there are no incentives? Is this a pretty decent deal? No exorbitant dealer fees or any of that...

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Cash transaction on a 2019 GTI S DSG with $29,910 MSRP for $24,874 plus tax, title and registration. Price included SCCA Partner Program discount and the doc fee was only $140.

zack1978

Passed Driver's Ed
Cash transaction on a 2019 GTI S DSG with $29,910 MSRP for $24,874 plus tax, title and registration. Price included SCCA Partner Program discount and the doc fee was only $140.

Wow based upon the most recent transactions, the prices of GTI’s are high. For a vehicle that is not selling well you would think the dealers would want to move their GTI inventory. The above noted deal would be good if it was $24,000 OTD. Hopefully as 2019 marches on, the prices will drop.

KRWLR

Picked up a used 2018 Autobahn DSG Dark Iron Blue. 19411 miles. Monster mats, cargo organizer. Prepaid maintenance up to 50k miles. Clean title. $24,180 before taxes and fees. Financed at 4.8%. This is my first car purchase, I'm loving the car so far.

stockgolfr

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealer near me has a '19 SE in the exact spec I want. MSRP of $34,395 and negotiated sale price of $31,600. This calculates to about 8% off MSRP which I believe is below invoice. He stated there are no incentives for leases currently, and I do want lease. Is that correct that there are no incentives? Is this a pretty decent deal? No exorbitant dealer fees or any of that...

leases are tough, but i leased my r for good #s. work with them and eventually theyll balk

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Curious what your OTD was.

Since tax, title and registration vary by state it does no good to include it. I assume that's what you're asking...
I included dealer fees such as the doc fee. Financing options can change the final price too, so it's good to point that out.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
PWow based upon the most recent transactions, the prices of GTI’s are high. For a vehicle that is not selling well you would think the dealers would want to move their GTI inventory. The above noted deal would be good if it was $24,000 OTD. Hopefully as 2019 marches on, the prices will drop.

1. Where did you get that info from? :confused:

2. Unless you live in a state where there's no sales tax....$24k OTD, on a ~$30k car, ain't happening
You'd have to figure almost $2k in taxes/registration/fees & what not...that'd be like almost $7500-8000 off MSRP, with a $22k selling price.
Again: AIN'T HAPPENING

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
1. Where did you get that info from? :confused:

2. Unless you live in a state where there's no sales tax....$24k OTD, on a ~$30k car, ain't happening
You'd have to figure almost $2k in taxes/registration/fees & what not...that'd be like almost $7500-8000 off MSRP, with a $22k selling price.
Again: AIN'T HAPPENING

Just like you, i am curious to know where OP's OTD price target came from.