GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT vs C7 Corvette

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So I was just on my way to the pharmacy to pick up some Tamiflu for my son and along comes this white C7 Corvette with tinted windows and some kind of performance exhaust, not sure what else he had done to the car as we did not talk. I really had no interest in racing BUT the guy initiated it by revving his engine while driving next to me. We get to a light, clear road with nobody around, and the guy starts to raise his rpms. The light turns green, he floors it and spins his tires for a little bit and I start off with half throttle to get a roll going before I floor it because once I did, tires broke loose till I got in to 3rd. He was maybe 1/2 a car to 1 car length ahead of me till I got traction and blew by him and put buses on him before shutting it down. After that, he would not drive up to me and kept his distance. Oh well, would have liked to talk to the guy but I guess he was too embarrassed or pissed off that he got smoked by a VW.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
So I was just on my way to the pharmacy to pick up some Tamiflu for my son and along comes this white C7 Corvette with tinted windows and some kind of performance exhaust, not sure what else he had done to the car as we did not talk. I really had no interest in racing BUT the guy initiated it by revving his engine while driving next to me. We get to a light, clear road with nobody around, and the guy starts to raise his rpms. The light turns green, he floors it and spins his tires for a little bit and I start off with half throttle to get a roll going before I floor it because once I did, tires broke loose till I got in to 3rd. He was maybe 1/2 a car to 1 car length ahead of me till I got traction and blew by him and put buses on him before shutting it down. After that, he would not drive up to me and kept his distance. Oh well, would have liked to talk to the guy but I guess he was too embarrassed or pissed off that he got smoked by a VW.
Haha awesome

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

A2MK7

Passed Driver's Ed

Nice run!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
A bone stock C7 should put several busses on a street tire GTI from a dig. The small advantage the MK7 might have in trap speed shouldn't even begin to negate the massive traction advantage the Vette has.

I'm thinking you beat the driver on this one, but a win is a win.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Nice! I'm surprised it even happened.. But one possibility is that his depends underwear were soaked and he needed to get home in a hurry

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
A bone stock C7 should put several busses on a street tire GTI from a dig. The small advantage the MK7 might have in trap speed shouldn't even begin to negate the massive traction advantage the Vette has.

I'm thinking you beat the driver on this one, but a win is a win.

This ^ (at least assuming you are stock)
Hope your son gets better!

-Martin

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This ^ (at least assuming you are stock)
Hope your son gets better!

-Martin

He probably makes low 4xx whp, so a slight power and weight advantage over a C7, but from a dead stop it's not a power issue

railroader

Autocross Newbie