GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just recieved my MotivX oil funnel kit, I'm pretty happy with it.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I also bought one after that first post. Didn't get a chance to use it yet but will be much better than trying to hold a funnel while pouring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Which dealer is this? I need to make sure I never go there.

Update on this: The dealer service technician DID find the 2nd shipping puck and gave me photos of the mounts and ends of the strut to show there was no damage. He also documented with VWOA that they shipping pucks had been left in after PDI.

The service rep who called me apprently just didn't read that part.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Update on this: The dealer service technician DID find the 2nd shipping puck and gave me photos of the mounts and ends of the strut to show there was no damage. He also documented with VWOA that they shipping pucks had been left in after PDI.

The service rep who called me apprently just didn't read that part.
Fire the service rep, promote the technician.

flogR

Ready to race!
I also bought one after that first post. Didn't get a chance to use it yet but will be much better than trying to hold a funnel while pouring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nice clear photo. See that clip on the dipstick. There's another on the opposite side. There's a ramp on the clips that spreads the clips as you push the stick down past a lip on the top of the tube. Then the clips snap back in under the underside of the lip. The problem is there is no ramp on the clips to spread them when you pull the stick out. This all makes it ridiculously hard to remove the stick and (in my case) I broke off a clip which left a hole where grit can get into the tube. I am not ham-fisted & when I complained to the service department they are refusing to replace the stick. Worse still, it appears that in struggling with the whole arrangement you can bust the actual tube off down lower. The Owner's manual is no help.

flogR

Ready to race!

Read my comments about the dipstick.

Also, your coolant bottle cap has a better looking/different design to mine. It pays to look to see if you need to not simply screw the cap down, but force it past a "lock", after which the cap feels a little loose. No mention of that in my Owner's manual.

K.Nikkz

Ready to race!
Not today, but recently got a short shifter in the mail. Waiting on a couple things from badge skins, and a steering wheel cover from DH Gate (not expecting that for awhile).

That funnel looks cool, and I never thought I'd say that.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Also, your coolant bottle cap has a better looking/different design to mine.
It's the coolant cap from a Porsche 911(991).

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Looks good jake. I should put fresh rubber on my wheels, but at least the Nogaros look nice.