GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hubcentric Aftermarket Rims?

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Anyone know of anyone aftermarket flow formed rims, preferably 18" X 8"/8.5" that are hub centric? Meaning centre bore of 57.1mm. I only know of Neuspeed rims. Superspeed RF03RR rims are going for $800 right now but they're not hub centric which sucks as I don't like using hub rings on summer rims.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
FAST FC04's are hubcentric if you go with the 17x8's et45 and they weigh 16.3lb!! Damn near positive that's the setup im going with. And on the plus side for you you're in canada so you'll get free shipping from them

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
FAST FC04's are hubcentric if you go with the 17x8's et45 and they weigh 16.3lb!! Damn near positive that's the setup im going with. And on the plus side for you you're in canada so you'll get free shipping from them

Ooh I'll check it out. Not sure if I want to downsize to 17" though as my winter 17" Audi rims barely clear the brakes. Though I guess 17" would be a bit more comfortable than 18".

I really like the design of the Superspeed Rf03rr. $800 for it is such a steal, but a shame it's not hub centric. I like the JDM designs or 5 or 6 spokes too.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Just got the 17x8 et45 FC04's from WheelWiz for around $675 shipped USD. That's exact fitment, almost 10lb less than stock wheels each, kick ass looking and flow-formed!

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Just got the 17x8 et45 FC04's from WheelWiz for around $675 shipped USD. That's exact fitment, almost 10lb less than stock wheels each, kick ass looking and flow-formed!

Are they cone or ball seat? Also, can you weigh them? Fast website says 16.2, WheelWiz says 19.4.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Are they cone or ball seat? Also, can you weigh them? Fast website says 16.2, WheelWiz says 19.4.

Keep in mind their numbers are in Canadian measurement. Also if you go on Fast's website you can see the seat measurement for each type of wheel, these will actually accept the stock ball seats, most other sizes utilize cone. And yes they are 16.2 lb

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Keep in mind their numbers are in Canadian measurement. Also if you go on Fast's website you can see the seat measurement for each type of wheel, these will actually accept the stock ball seats, most other sizes utilize cone. And yes they are 16.2 lb

Could you inform an ignorant American what Canadian measurement is? :confused: I only think of lb or kg, and 19.4lb or kg is still heavier than 16.2 lb.

That being said, thanks for confirming the use of stock ball lug bolts and the weight. These are on my radar for a cheap set of track wheels now.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Just wondering, why are you against using rings?

I’ve been running aluminum rings and they’re easy to seat and use.

No vibrations.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

No vibrations.

Every spring when I change from winters to summers, my experience with using hub rings is not pleasant. On every vehicle and set of rims that required use of hub rings, I had to deal with the ring getting stuck to the hub, forcing me to get a hammer and flat head screwdriver hammer to pry it out. I haven't bent or destroyed any rings yet doing so, but I have made it so they got deformed and it's chipped. It may be due to the salt and rust accumulating but I don't want to deal with that in the summer or fall if I don't need to, especially since I'm going to track the vehicle so temperatures are going to get hot.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Every spring when I change from winters to summers, my experience with using hub rings is not pleasant. On every vehicle and set of rims that required use of hub rings, I had to deal with the ring getting stuck to the hub, forcing me to get a hammer and flat head screwdriver hammer to pry it out. I haven't bent or destroyed any rings yet doing so, but I have made it so they got deformed and it's chipped. It may be due to the salt and rust accumulating but I don't want to deal with that in the summer or fall if I don't need to, especially since I'm going to track the vehicle so temperatures are going to get hot.

Makes sense.

We don’t have rust or cold weather down here, so never thought of that.

Wonder if antiseize would help?

Jarbear

Ready to race!

No vibrations.

I personally have been using APR Delrin rings. They don't seize. They do "stick" to the hub, but I use a plastic panel tool in between the hub and bottom lip of the ring and they pop off. I have the same wheels as XM_Rocks and also don't have any vibration issues.

thez99

Go Kart Champion