GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS Intercooler

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does this mean any BMS Intercooler we order from now on will fit properly like it should??

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Sounds fair. If it's already installed with the modifications needed then maybe keep it in. If you haven't installed it, exchange it for a new one.

VND Mororsports did an amazing job at making the IC work. To the point in fact that it’s better then OEM fitment. The guys at VND do a lot of custom work and fabrication. Their mechanical knowledge and ability is beyond anything I’ve ever seen. I’m quite happy with the results they achieved so yes, I will leave the IC as is and figure something out with George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Does this mean any BMS Intercooler we order from now on will fit properly like it should??

This is the important question. Also, the online instructions don't appear to have been amended with anything about this.

I'll wait for a few more people to get them and confirm good fitment before I jump in.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm hoping to hear this problem has been resolved and there are positive reviews. I'm now looking at the eBay ones. This problem kinda shook me.

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
I'm hoping to hear this problem has been resolved and there are positive reviews. I'm now looking at the eBay ones. This problem kinda shook me.

Yeah exactly, I would have been furious if I paid double the price of the magic/majesty and had to deal with the same fitment problems. BMS need to fix this problem ASAP, and adding additional instructions on the website for people that have already purchased the poorly made casting, I feel, is not an acceptable way to resolve it. It’s a start, but they should do more for the people that purchased the incorrectly made intercoolers.

Last edited:

ALE 5six1

Ready to race!
This is the important question. Also, the online instructions don't appear to have been amended with anything about this.

I'll wait for a few more people to get them and confirm good fitment before I jump in.

I just read through the install guide on burgertuning.com and it doesn’t mention anything about possible fitment issues or needing modification. On the intercooler details page it even states “All required hardware is included.” Not very accurate if you need a dremel and/or metal files. This is upsetting to say the least. Seems like George is not very excited or involved with this intercooler like he is with the JB4. It’s a shame because this could have been a great alternative to the more expensive options like APR, Unitronic and CTS Turbo.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I just read through the install guide on burgertuning.com and it doesn’t mention anything about possible fitment issues or needing modification. On the intercooler details page it even states “All required hardware is included.” Not very accurate if you need a dremel and/or metal files. This is upsetting to say the least. Seems like George is not very excited or involved with this intercooler like he is with the JB4. It’s a shame because this could have been a great alternative to the more expensive options like APR and CTS Turbo.
Yeah I thought I was getting this IC for sure based on previous things I've bought from BMS. I actually have more BMS things on my car that any other single aftermaket manufacturer. I had a lot of confidence in this IC based in previous experiences. So far, I don't have a lot of confidence in this IC. Hopefully this will get sorted out by the time I'm ready. If not, Unitronic or IE is where I'm going.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Check my post #149. The issue has been sorted. It’s a fantastic intercooler at a price low enough to be affordable to most. Alternative name brand intercoolers can be three times the cost. I’m very happy with mine and if I had to do it again I’d still get the BMS. There’s a poster in here who has one that was a perfect fit. Chalk it up to growing pains. The car had very consistent power in a two hour drive through a mountain pass. The cars we drive aren’t perfect from the factory. Weak turbos, timing chain tensioners...we’re all still driving VWs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah exactly, I would have been furious if I paid double the price of the magic/majesty and had to deal with the same fitment problems. BMS need to fix this problem ASAP, and adding additional instructions on the website for people that have already purchased the poorly made casting, I feel, is not an acceptable way to resolve it. It’s a start, but they should do more for the people that purchased the incorrectly made intercoolers.

We have pulled the ones with the different castings out. If there where more out there with this issue surely someone would post about it. At this point only one person seems to be affected so we will wait and see.

Personally I think there are variances from car to car as well as you do see even the considered well fitted inter coolers with various fitment issues now and then.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That's reassuring. Hopefully we see more install posts and pics. :D

We have pulled the ones with the different castings out. If there where more out there with this issue surely someone would post about it. At this point only one person seems to be affected so we will wait and see.

Personally I think there are variances from car to car as well as you do see even the considered well fitted inter coolers with various fitment issues now and then.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

Good to hear.

Who's jumping back in first? Post up how it works out!

I want an intercooler before April for WITW and was set on IE before the BMS came along. I'll wait to see what others experience first. This is back on my list though!