GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

1za h4

Passed Driver's Ed
obdeleven came in the mail in prep for mk7.5 led tails on the mk7 this weekend

Just waiting on the harness from zero and the tails to arrive tomorrow

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Let me know how the install goes. I have this same kit and the rear 15mm spacers would not sit flush against the hub, they made contact with the hub dust cap before sitting flush against the hub.

Ok, went and checked by removing/re-installing one of the rears. There is no issue with this, it sits flush and as I said, on my GSW, there is not a dust cap, just an open end with a nut in it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Going to be a fun weekend!
Stud conversion kit
Red open ended lugs
Foglight lamin-x

Poppn

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, went and checked by removing/re-installing one of the rears. There is no issue with this, it sits flush and as I said, on my GSW, there is not a dust cap, just an open end with a nut in it.

Thanks for double checking on that for me. My GTI has a dust cap covering the nut on the rear hub. I pulled the cap out but I'm honestly not sure if it's ok to leave it off so I out the cap back on and never installed the spacers

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Alzor Style 881 - 18x8.5 ET45

Ive always wanted to get a set of those wheels but never considered the effort for cleaning. Would be interesting if you could post what they look after a few weeks of driving. I usually wash my car once a month.

My winter wheels are gray and love that they conceal dirt and brake dust pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Custom 10mm spacers for the rear. I had ECS 10mm but my hubcentric rings wouldn’t fully seat due to the centering lip on the spacer. These new ones have a 57.1mm inner bore and 72.6mm outer bore, so they should seat perfectly with my wheels.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Ive always wanted to get a set of those wheels but never considered the effort for cleaning. Would be interesting if you could post what they look after a few weeks of driving. I usually wash my car once a month.

My winter wheels are gray and love that they conceal dirt and brake dust pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint is very thick and glossy. I guess a good wheel cleaner, a soft rim brush and my pressure washer will get it done.

I already had gloss black, matt black and satin bronze rims on my previous cars.

Black wheels look to me most likely a bit smaller in diameter than they actually are. Black rims are getting very fast dirty just after a couple of days, starting to see the brown brake dust everywhere on them.

Satin bronze is actually a very good color to hide break dust well. They look clean the longest time but very dirty when fully covered in brake dust after a month or so.
Satin or Matt were easier to clean then any glossy rims.

I will see and post pictures when my new silver rims get dirty [emoji6]

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Picked up a cheap intake manifold with the fuel rail, port injectors, both map sensors, and wiring harness installed. Poor German donor car : D

allan1229

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Picked up a cheap intake manifold with the fuel rail, port injectors, both map sensors, and wiring harness installed. Poor German donor car : D
Nice. Mind sharing where u got it? Looking for the same

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk