GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible to rent a Golf or GTI?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I was curious what the prices were on Turo so I searched within 500miles of the San Diego area and not a single VW came up, let alone a MK7 GTI.

i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.

People probably won't be doing it with a GTI necessarily but it is possible to rent your car out for a week or so and make enough money to pay the monthly payment. It's not the worse idea if you need some extra $ or want to get another car but cant afford the extra payment.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Where in Jersey? I have a 2015 DSG I’d let you drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I rent out a Honda Fit auto on Turo and I’m looking to buy another car to put on it as well.

But, I’d never rent out a GTI on it.

Mandoctor

I got in an accident in my old car and actually got a GTI as a rental from Enterprise. It’s because of that rental that I bought my MK7.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I got in an accident in my old car and actually got a GTI as a rental from Enterprise. It’s because of that rental that I bought my MK7.

A GTI rental car? Wow. I wouldn't think a rental company would have a GTI. Of the rental companies I've used in the past couple years none of them had any VW's, much less a GTI

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Both the Abarth and GTI I rented on Turo were to go drive around Sonoma and Napa to visit wineries. Both were manuals. Both were clean and well taken care of. The Abarth had about 60k on it and def felt the miles, but it was still a ton of fun to drive! The GTI only had about 15k on it and felt great. I drove them both spirited, but didn't beat or wail on them. Plus it was SO much cheaper than Avis or other rental companies. $27 a day for the Abarth (plus some fees, but still waaay cheaper).

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
i don't understand who would ever rent out their own personal gti.. Especially a manual. Clearly people do it on Turo, but i would never in a million years let someone drive my gti. What if they moneyshift ? I mean you're not renting it to get from A to B. You're renting it cos you want to give it some.

I just don't get the mentality behind it.

This is the first time I've ever heard of Turo.
Just looked it up...
There is no way in hell I would ever Turo my car.:eek:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Actually a gti manual in Austin. Only $69 per day.
Also a gli for only $149 per day.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
i saw some in San Francisco, where i fly out to every now and again. I may even rent an MT myself to have a bit of fun in the Santa Monica mountains. I have no SUVs on my avis preferred profile, but that just means i get a boat on four wheel instead, like a Taurus or some other crap like a Cadillac STS. Whatever it is, it'll always be an auto. I once did get a Charger, but the 7 or was it 8 speed auto box was unsatisfying.

There's a 2015 GTI 2 door 6MT in my area for only $49. That's pretty good! Almost as cheap as a stupid plain base model midsize car at rental companies.

Turo is awesome. There's tons of really great enthusiast cars in my area to rent on Turo. BWI airport area (Baltimore).