GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 big turbo mpi dyno number/reliability

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
I can also confirm UM has same issues as ED after speaking with some users. They didn't know it wasn't supposed to run that way.
Moral of the story, 4 bar is not a gasoline manifold sensor.

LOL That's a first ive heard of any problem with UM. But OK!

Moral of the story is ED guys go run the AEM 5 bar.

UM guys don't worry about it because jeff will sort your car with either 4 or 5 bar sensor and it will run flawless. ;)

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Still early but cobb 5150 tuned car just got a 4bar setup for his Mabo M560is. It's hitting 33psi boost with no issues with drivability so far. The sensor kit he is using is plug&play also so I think it's time for me to up dah boooost.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I guess ED is hit or miss then... idk Either way good news!
My 4bar has been working fine I run 31psi right now, I'm on ED also

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Still early but cobb 5150 tuned car just got a 4bar setup for his Mabo M560is. It's hitting 33psi boost with no issues with drivability so far. The sensor kit he is using is plug&play also so I think it's time for me to up dah boooost.
Curious to see the numbers that turbo makes

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
LOL That's a first ive heard of any problem with UM. But OK!

Moral of the story is ED guys go run the AEM 5 bar.

UM guys don't worry about it because jeff will sort your car with either 4 or 5 bar sensor and it will run flawless. ;)

It doesn't run flawless. The two i've spoken to say it has the same issues as ED.

Come drive my car on 5 bar and drive any car using that sensor. Let me watch the AFR at idle.

You shouldn't be saying this kind of stuff as I know this for a fact Mike, and you are just regurgitating what the guy (who has a vested interested in saying) says.

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
It doesn't run flawless. The two i've spoken to say it has the same issues as ED.

Come drive my car on 5 bar and drive any car using that sensor. Let me watch the AFR at idle.

You shouldn't be saying this kind of stuff as I know this for a fact Mike, and you are just regurgitating what the guy (who has a vested interested in saying) says.

Dude, im def NOT regurgitating anything. I going off personal experience on friends cars (Ive driven) and worked on. I have Zero gain from saying something that isn't true. Anyways its fine im done beating this dead horse.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Dude, im def NOT regurgitating anything. I going off personal experience on friends cars (Ive driven) and worked on. I have Zero gain from saying something that isn't true. Anyways its fine im done beating this dead horse.

Then you are in the group of ED users that find they do not notice the issue. It is more prevalent for some (variability of sensor linearity and awareness of throttle linearity).

It isn't really a matter of arguments. The sensor itself is not rated to vacuum on a gasoline vehicle. You need sensor linearity to accurately measure incoming pressure for load and afr. If this is not dead accurate, your trims will be off. The sensor does not do that well. I'm happy if you notice no difference.

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Then you are in the group of ED users that find they do not notice the issue. It is more prevalent for some (variability of sensor linearity and awareness of throttle linearity).

It isn't really a matter of arguments. The sensor itself is not rated to vacuum on a gasoline vehicle. You need sensor linearity to accurately measure incoming pressure for load and afr. If this is not dead accurate, your trims will be off. The sensor does not do that well. I'm happy if you notice no difference.

Im HYPER sensitive when it comes to drivability though... lol seriously.

I completely understand what you are saying on the sensor, But Are you strictly talking about PR's sensors? Because im not 100% positive that UM supplied map sensors are the same as PR's. I believe (could be wrong) they are different. I need to go look at my buddies R and verify. ;)

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Im HYPER sensitive when it comes to drivability though... lol seriously.

I completely understand what you are saying on the sensor, But Are you strictly talking about PR's sensors? Because im not 100% positive that UM supplied map sensors are the same as PR's. I believe (could be wrong) they are different. I need to go look at my buddies R and verify. ;)

If that is the case I take back everything I said and apologize.

I am just talking about the VW Bosch 4 Bar 059/060 sensor which is rated from 0.5-4.0 bar (gasoline engines need to be linear to 0.2 bar).

CandyR32

Passed Driver's Ed
If that is the case I take back everything I said and apologize.

I am just talking about the VW Bosch 4 Bar 059/060 sensor which is rated from 0.5-4.0 bar (gasoline engines need to be linear to 0.2 bar).

No Need, But I these issues never seemed to be prevalent until after PR released those sensors. Could be wrong, ill have to do a little digging. ;)

Last edited: