GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Lol we came to the conclusion that it wasnt bad lol. Sorry some of us actually have to drive the car [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Not my fault you bought the tractor transmission

Seriously though your shift times are fine. It should go 8s, just don't torque steer into a field.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Tune the NOS down and you'll run 9s....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I would think a shit ton faster than 9 sec 60-130 if you dead hook with almost 500whp a ton of torque and maybe 3100lbs?

Stock c6 z06 will do about 8.3 seconds ish in good conditions and those are 420whp and 3100lbs with better aero but worse gearing (i think they need 2 shifts) and less torque

I wonder what 1/2 mile record is for mk7 gti with fwd? I'd be surprised if >160mph

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I would think a shit ton faster than 9 sec 60-130 if you dead hook with almost 500whp a ton of torque and maybe 3100lbs?

Stock c6 z06 will do about 8.3 seconds ish in good conditions and those are 420whp and 3100lbs with better aero but worse gearing (i think they need 2 shifts) and less torque

I wonder what 1/2 mile record is for mk7 gti with fwd? I'd be surprised if >160mph
A big part of the problem I have is the street I do it on, it's a farm road in the middle of fields with dirt/mud clumps and cracks covering the road. Shitty asphalt, and when you hammer it in 3rd the car wonders all over the road. It's the safest road to get up to those speeds, by safer I mean its safer for everyone else cause there is never any traffic really, but not very safe for me lol

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What are you, a senior citizen like The Fed?
Lol getting there, I'm 40, I get up real early for work and even on the days I dont work I'm daughter gets us up a the ass crack of dawn

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
hard to compare different setups in different places but I have not seen any dyno charts of any other turbo for this platform spool faster than the EQT setups I've seen. actually not even close from what I've seen at >400whp. EQT seems to spool about 1000 rpm faster than Boss500 too and make more power.

I bet with more timing and more boost probably hit 550whp. Also amazing a stock bottom end GTI can even hold 480whp without becoming shrapnel

will be interesting to see how reliable these EQT turbos are since that is more important to me personally than either spool or peak power. turbos on these cars are a pita

I'll second that M&H slicks at the track are incredible too although the Hoosiers were pretty impressive too even with tiny sidewall for improved gearing

I'm seeing 22psi at 2800rpm on my EFR in 4th. It will make more up top. Let's not start getting crazy. 130mph is the benchmark AWD Boss 500 time, although I am not fan of CTS.
The EFR is going 130-133 on pump 93 only.

I've worked on the new DBV2 journal bearing and ball bearing versions and it is looking like 3200-3300 in 4th. A few hundred RPM later than the EQT. I've only done pump gas stock fuel so far, we'll have to wait and see. Transient power on a 6MT will be better with a BB unit, remember that.

The EQT is great, i've got 4 clients (3 on MPI) with them.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

railroader

Autocross Newbie