GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT MQB Cast GC Vs Boss 600 dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok guys, here's how the morning went. We started with my car on the dyno on E30 and 28psi. I did 3 pulls when Tony got here and the car kept picking up a bit of power on each pull. Then we pulled my car off and strapped Tony's GTI to the dyno. Tony came in with about an 1/8th tank of E30 in the car and had his software set to 28psi for a direct apples to apples comparison. We did 3 pulls like this. Then he topped the tank off with E85 which brought the mixture up to E75 and raised the boost to 33psi+ and we did another 3 pulls like that. Everything was done within an hour and ambient temperatures stayed within 2 degrees between all pulls.

Here's a chart showing all runs with both cars on E30 and 28psi. The first 3 runs are Tony's and the last 3 are my car (SAE Corrected):

Here's a chart showing only the best runs from each of the 3 tests. Blue is Tony's on E30 at 28psi, Cyan is Tony's on E75 as 33psi, and Magenta is EQT on E30 at 28psi (SAE Corrected):

Here's the same chart showing only the best runs but without SAE correction (Uncorrected):

And finally here's a chart showing every run from all 3 tests this morning (SAE Corrected):

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or if you guys would like to see any other data.

Thanks
-- Ed
Oh that spool though [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Sooo.... EQT > VTT/ It's not even close lol.

Am I reading this wrong?

EQT: 526WHP vs. VVT:477

Nah thats not right.

Tony made the most power, but just compare the 28psi numbers

470 to 520 with 500rpm better spool on EQT.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
:eek: The EQT with bigger housing would probably be a really good match for the Turbo Technics V5 :D

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Im confused.

You made 30whp more with 500rpm better spool - or am I blind?

With both cars on E30 and 28psi, we made about 50whp more and 600-700rpm better spool. To be fair, a little bit of that spool difference is attributed to the slightly longer gear ratio of the R 5th gear compared to the GTI 4th gear. But this is also on our prototype larger exhaust housing which gives up about 300-400RPM of spool to our current production unit.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I think the vargas made more power up top, but looks like EQT is more consistent, no power drop up top and it has better low end/spool

This is true if you compare our runs on E30 at 28psi to Vargas on E75 and 33psi. With both cars on E30 and 28psi, ours made about 50whp more.

Thanks
-- Ed

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
With both cars on E30 and 28psi, we made about 50whp more and 600-700rpm better spool. To be fair, a little bit of that spool difference is attributed to the slightly longer gear ratio of the R 5th gear compared to the GTI 4th gear. But this is also on our prototype larger exhaust housing which gives up about 300-400RPM of spool to our current production unit.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ok well this has just cemented everything I have said since day one.

You make a great turbo Ed that is perfect for what it is and will be good for a 10s pass for $1600-2k, I will say 128-130mph traps with fueling.

Not a slight on your product, but it isn't meant to compete with larger turbos that are capable of flowing 60lb/min and have done 128-133 on pump gas, would you agree? (yes, I am aware they cost twice as much, or more).

vanmichel

Passed Driver's Ed

Thanks
-- Ed

With proper fueling, what do you think your numbers would be at with 33 psi?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm seeing a nasty dip/hiccup on the VTT e75 run at 7k. I'd bet if that didn't happen you'd see power build past 7k too. It's clearly a larger turbo than the EQT, and it's going to shine more up top with all the fueling mods. What we haven't seen yet is an EQT on full E85...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
With proper fueling, what do you think your numbers would be at with 33 psi?

It's not a fueling consideration is it? I believe it's due to the 3 bar sensor. Guess it could be fuel too since Ed can't run MPI yet.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
It's not a fueling consideration is it? I believe it's due to the 3 bar sensor.
Cobb needs to support 4 bar maps and MPI to push the turbo more, but there is someone on a mission to UM with an EQT soon, that should be interesting.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.