GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

thez99

Go Kart Champion
I saw that at the LA auto show and was like wooooooah, what on earth is this? Truly a pity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-MATT-BLACK-FRONT-GRILL-REAR-TRUNK-BADGE-EMBLEM-GOLF-MK7-5-2018-19-GTI-TDI-R/113417905056?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55165%26meid%3D862fe5e6229648b991a57a3ab8e3a45e%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D113408304144%26itm%3D113417905056&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
Actually just found these off Ebay, bout the best I can get, basically thinner oem quality matte black emblem overlays, we shall see how they install and look once I get em, this will be the first time I ever go with a vw emblem overlay, I've always replaced them before on my last 3 GTI's

SM075180

Ready to race!
Swapped out with European versions. Part #s I ordered through E-Acca:

5G0857551AJ3H8

5G0857552CC3H8

Disclaimer: they’re pricey at ~$100 each and were a bit of a pain to swap. Not sure if I missed something obvious but I ended up breaking the clips on both original ones getting them out.

Thanks for the part #s!

I’m part of the $100 ain’t s*** to get those things gone club haha

I’ll have to research the install before I buy though. Maybe I could convince the dealership to install them for a reasonable price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Too much red in the front emblem maybe it’s just me

I had the red inlays with chrome emblem on the front for a while. Too much red, IMO

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
I had the red inlays with chrome emblem on the front for a while. Too much red, IMO

I wrapped my emblem satin white to match the body color.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Eyelids look awesome!

chunk outta the front lip?

Last edited:

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
Lots of stuff this week!

Klii steering wheel overlay

Badgeskins Overlay

Plastidipped the EZ Pass and mounted it high. Tested and works at the tolls!

Badgeskins overlays on the side and front badges when the car is clean

BFI DSG Shift Knob

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
How do you like the DSG shift knob? Been holding out on getting one since I keep hearing mixed reviews

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
How do you like the DSG shift knob? Been holding out on getting one since I keep hearing mixed reviews

It's not really worth the money in my opinion and I got a 15% discount. It's an easy install but do not use BFI's YouTube video as a guide. It's misleading and I've had conversations with them about it. They told me they'd include a link to actual instructions. The knob doesn't come with any written instructions.

Obviously you have to get used to lifting the knob vs pressing the trigger to move it in and out of gear. That took me like half a day.

All in all I'm happy with the shift knob but unless you have extra $$ hanging around I'd put the money into other mods. It's just too expensive for what you get.

rayzer12

Plasti-dip ezpass

Lots of stuff this week!

Klii steering wheel overlay

Badgeskins Overlay

Plastidipped the EZ Pass and mounted it high. Tested and works at the tolls!

Badgeskins overlays on the side and front badges when the car is clean

BFI DSG Shift Knob

Did you plasti dip the whole ezpass or just the 5 sides that don't face the windscreen?