GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Blind Spot (Aspherical) Mirror Set

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Any Aliexpress sources for these mirrors?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Especially when they’re this cheap (from e-acca).

5G0857521M - aspherical BSM - $45
5G0857522M - aspherical BSM - $41

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Speaking of E-Acca - questions to those that have ordered from them:

Do you get confirmation in your E-Acca account for your order or just Paypal?

And do you get email confirmation for your order as well, when it ships?

I ask because I placed an order over 1 week ago and I have gotten no confirmation from E-Acca directly. I contacted them through their website "contact" link and haven't got any reply. The only thing I have is the Paypal confirmation that the money went through.

Their website claims that they ship out the next business day after money confirmed. At this point, I'd just like some acknowledgement that they received my order...

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Speaking of E-Acca - questions to those that have ordered from them:

Do you get confirmation in your E-Acca account for your order or just Paypal?

And do you get email confirmation for your order as well, when it ships?

I ask because I placed an order over 1 week ago and I have gotten no confirmation from E-Acca directly. I contacted them through their website "contact" link and haven't got any reply. The only thing I have is the Paypal confirmation that the money went through.

Their website claims that they ship out the next business day after money confirmed. At this point, I'd just like some acknowledgement that they received my order...

I normally get an email like this:

The status of your order ID xxxx has changed to 'Order received by us'.
The warehouse team has started a packaging proccess.
Handling time is 1 to 10 business days, depending on availibility.
Your status will be updated, once the order is shipped.

I can't remember if it's immediate or a day or two later.

Then another email like this once they ship - usually a couple of weeks later as they never have what I order on hand:

The status of your order ID xxxx has changed to 'Order shipped to you'.
We remind that you can track your parcel by visiting this website:
Your tracking number is: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
Your order was shipped out on: '2017-10-10'.

Be sure to check your SPAM folder just to be safe.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Be sure to check your SPAM folder just to be safe.

Haha thanks. It is in my spam folder. I'm new to email and the interwebz apparently.

Weird that it didn't link to my actual E-Acca account though. It does not show up there.

Now I can feel better about finally ordering from them the 7.5 dynamic LED tails :) I've had Zero815's harness for months, haha.

Cheers.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
e-acca is fine. I've ordered a ton of stuff from them and have had zero issues. I've even emailed Natalja after I've placed an order (but before it has shipped) to have things added to it. Unless it's something you absolutely have to have within a couple of days, it's well worth the delay to save $$.

Jdreg

Ready to race!
There seems to be some different opinions on what to do for a passenger mirror upgrade.
Convex, if so why not just keep the original.
Aspherical does this offer a wider field of view than the convex, and is that even necessary.

I want to order these but not sure what’s the best way to go for the passenger side
Thanks for all your help as usual
I’m in Canada so I assume the car comes with the same mirrors as the USA

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
There seems to be some different opinions on what to do for a passenger mirror upgrade.
Convex, if so why not just keep the original.
Aspherical does this offer a wider field of view than the convex, and is that even necessary.

I want to order these but not sure what’s the best way to go for the passenger side
Thanks for all your help as usual
I’m in Canada so I assume the car comes with the same mirrors as the USA

I went with aspherical on both sides and absolutely love the added visibility. This all but eradicates blind spots and is absolutely a benefit from a safety standpoint. It will take a few days for you to adjust to it, but it really is great.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I went with aspherical on both sides and absolutely love the added visibility. This all but eradicates blind spots and is absolutely a benefit from a safety standpoint. It will take a few days for you to adjust to it, but it really is great.

+1. I went with asphericals on both sides. This also gets rid of the stupid nanny warning on the passenger side mirror. I'll never go back.

Basically it breaks down like this:

The term "Aspherical" when applied to these mirrors means that the main area is CONVEX, like the NAR passenger's side mirror. Then AFTER the dotted line, it becomes aspherical, meaning progressively sharper curvature as it approaches the outer edge of the glass.

So, if you swap out the passenger's convex mirror for an aspherical, you're retaining the same view as with your convex mirror BEFORE the dotted line, but adding a superior blind spot view AFTER the dotted line. The only difference is AFTER the dotted line.

Swapping out the driver's mirror is a much more dramatic effect: you are replacing a totally planar mirror with a convex mirror in the space before the dotted line, and also adding the progressive curvature after the dotted line. So the view out of the driver's mirror will be drastically different because you are changing the way you see through ALL of the mirror.

It took me a couple of weeks to get totally used to the new view, but now that I'm used to it it would seem crudely inadequate to go back to stock.

Jdreg

Ready to race!
Sorry I forgot to add the numbers I’m looking at
5G0857521M+5G0857522M

Thanks for the info
Now can someone confirm these are both aspherical
I’ve seen the passenger side refered to as convex

Thanks again

Last edited:

Elwood

3-7-77
The convex mirror will have the "Objects in Mirror are closer than they Appear" statement etched in them. The aspherical mirror will have a dotted line running top to bottom on the outside edge (just like the driver's side).

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
The convex mirror will have the "Objects in Mirror are closer than they Appear" statement etched in them. The aspherical mirror will have a dotted line running top to bottom on the outside edge (just like the driver's side).

Only NAR convex has the nanny statement. Not ROW.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Sorry I forgot to add the numbers I’m looking at
5G0857521M+5G0857522M

Thanks for the info
Now can someone confirm these are both aspherical
I’ve seen the passenger side refered to as convex

Thanks again

22M is not aspherical. See the image in sprinks' post:

22M is convex (not aspherical). The wide angle mirrors with the bend are listed appropriately below.

Not sure if you have BSM either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk